Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: No file was uploaded.  (Read 19953 times)

hyperion

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • - retired -
No file was uploaded.
« on: April 30, 2004, 03:35:08 am »

This usually occurs when the server configuration has made each website root.  If the website does not have a /temp or /tmp folder, PHP upload functions cannot work properly.  You are advised to create a /temp or /tmp folder to resolve this issue.  Yahoo Business hosting is a good example of where this configuration is used.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2005, 08:13:27 pm by GauGau »
"Then, Fletch," that bright creature said to him, and the voice was very kind, "let's begin with level flight . . . ."

-Richard Bach, Jonathan Livingston Seagull

(https://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mozilla.org%2Fproducts%2Ffirefox%2Fbuttons%2Fgetfirefox_small.png&hash=9f6d645801cbc882a52f0ee76cfeda02625fc537)

elffinarts

• Coppermine newbie
  • remote hosted avatars would rock
    • Elffinarts - a Darkelf Production
Re: No file was uploaded.
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2005, 02:32:12 pm »

I found that a php.ini file had to be suddenly created in order for the new security settings put in place by my host to work with coppermine.  The default installation could perhaps in future do with a specific temp directory called say, /upload temp so that people on servers that have been changed to stop attack by the Santi virus dont need to start messing with .ini files and then .htaccess files to hide the new php.ini file.  I'm still really new to all this and while the install of this software was dead easy, making it still be able to upload files since the santi virus had suddenly given me a very steep learning curve.

If there was an easier way to fix the problem I'd love to know it.
Mark
Elffinarts - a Darkelf Production

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2005, 06:32:21 am »

If your webhosts applies modifications to your server that make the individual creation of php.ini files per user / virtual host necessary, they should inform their customers. This is not a coppermine issue at all, but a webhosting issue - or rather a question of improper communication between your webhost and his customers.

Joachim

P.S. The name of the worm is "Santy", not "Santi" (just to please search engines and our forum search ;))

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2005, 08:25:31 am »

split support request from this thread into a separate one

midorianne

• Coppermine newbie
    • Midorianne
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2005, 05:57:13 am »

If your webhosts applies modifications to your server that make the individual creation of php.ini files per user / virtual host necessary, they should inform their customers. This is not a coppermine issue at all, but a webhosting issue - or rather a question of improper communication between your webhost and his customers.

Joachim

P.S. The name of the worm is "Santy", not "Santi" (just to please search engines and our forum search ;))

Hi, I am actually have this very issue and after several months of no help from my server I was looking here.  Powweb changed there setting and I am suffering for it since I can not figure out how to edit/add this php.ini file.  They claim it should be there but I don't see it and I am php savey enough to add a new one.  Is there a php.ini file that come along with this program at maybe is named something else and I don't see it?  But yes I strongly agree this is their problem since they caused it, this is my last resort for help then I am movng to a different server.  Thanks again.

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2005, 06:35:43 am »

If you do not have the file, you can create it using notepad. Before you create it, make sure that the file isn't hidden due to its special extension.

humori

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2005, 10:41:48 am »

Could someone give me some help on this topic i was using coppermine older version and i did update it to the new release and its showing that i have updated it fine.

But when i try to upload a file its giving me the following message!

No file was uploaded !
If you have really selected a file to upload, check that the server allows file uploads...

Could someone give me some help on what went wrong in there! my website its http://galeria.humori.net and its in albanian language!

Many thanks to everyone

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2005, 11:12:17 am »

locked this thread, as it's a FAQ thread. Re-post your question in a thread of it's own. Enable debug mode in coppermine's config (with notices display turned off) and method for file uploads set to "Single file uploads only" in the groups panel for all relevant groups. Then try to upload again and post the actual error messages (not the debug output). When posting a link to your site (which is fine), make sure to post a non-admin test user account with upload privileges as well, as we won't go through registration for thousands of galleries.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 21 queries.