Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MOVED: Zone Zero Dark FLUID CPG 1.4  (Read 5965 times)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
MOVED: Zone Zero Dark FLUID CPG 1.4
« on: March 06, 2009, 07:51:47 am »

This topic has been moved to crap bin as per request of the contributor:
I would prefer that you take my themes off this site & delete the attachments that I put with both of my theme posts.
Did as suggested and took theme thread off, although I couldn't see a disclaimer coming with your theme that disallows people to edit your theme. After all, your theme will be pretty useless for end users if they're not allowed to edit them. What I did in my edit was:
  • Removal of some deprecated HTML tags like <center> and replacing them with recommended alternatives.
  • Introducing standards-compliant indentation for better readability. I'm a programmer for an open source application that is being edited and used by many; what can I do? I like things to be readable and understandable, so I edited the HTML tag soup.
  • Shortened example code that the end user needs to replace anyway. I can't see what is so bad about replacing "This is an example sentence that is meant to explain what can be done with this block" with something slightly shorter like "Example".
  • Converted inline-styling to use the existing external style sheet. What's so bad about converting <h1 style="background-color:#222222;font-weight:bold;color:orange;font-size:11px;padding-left:5px;border-bottom:2px #000000 solid;">&raquo; Menu 2</h1> into <h1 class="important_text">&raquo; Menu 2</h1>
  • Removed unneeded SVN block. Your theme wouldn't have made it into our subversion repository, so why should we keep the corresponding comment in the code?
  • Added some comment lines like <!-- Begin Content Left Column --> and <!-- End Content Left Column --> that were suppossed to enable newbies to edit the theme as they needed

I really didn't know that your sacred markup was not allowed to be edited and improved. However, you could easily have replied with "I'm not fond with your edits - undo them and remove your edited copy" and I would of course have done as suggested. Maybe you should review the idea though to work in a FOSS environment - with your attitude, closed source should be the number one choice. I can not recommend your services to others.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2009, 08:21:12 am by Joachim Müller »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 19 queries.