Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Upgrading from 1.4.16 to 1.4.20 - Unable to connect to online repository  (Read 4562 times)

Trisha

• Coppermine newbie

I installed version 1.4.16 and then read that I should upgrade to 1.4.20 for updated security fixes. In checking under Admin Tools I noticed this message under Versioncheck. I'm not sure I understand what it means, it does say I have 1.4.20 currently installed. I can get into my site.

Can you please advise... this is the first time I've loaded a photogallery type installation.

Here is my link to my gallery: http://larabieworld.net/photo/

I have also include the message in it's entireity.

Unable to connect to online repository
Coppermine was unable to connect to the online repository. This can have two reasons:
the coppermine online repository is currently down - check if you can browse this page: http://coppermine.sourceforge.net/repository.txt - if you can't access this page, try again later.
PHP on your webserver is configured with allow_url_fopen turned off (by default, it's turned on). If the server is yours to administer, turn this option on in php.ini (at least allow it to be overridden with ini_set). If you're webhosted, you will probably have to live with the fact that you can't compare your files to the online repository. This page will then only display the file versions that came with your distribution - updates will not be displayed.
The script is defaulting to the local copy of the version-files now. The data may be inacurate if you have upgraded Coppermine and you haven't uploaded all files. Changes to the files after the release won't be taken into account as well. 
Installed Coppermine version
You have currently installed: 1.4.20

Thanks for your assistance.

Trisha

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
Re: Upgrading from 1.4.16 to 1.4.20 - Unable to connect to online repository
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2009, 12:32:14 pm »

Just untick the option to connect to the online repositry.

Surely as you downloaded the latest version from this site and didn't use a silly installer provided by your web host you would know what version you are using ;).
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Trisha

• Coppermine newbie
Resolved Re: Upgrading from 1.4.16 to 1.4.20 - Unable to connect -
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2009, 07:04:43 pm »

Thank you, that was simple... much appreciated!

Trisha
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 19 queries.