Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Having problems with Random Images, please help  (Read 3695 times)

YBnormal

• Coppermine newbie
Having problems with Random Images, please help
« on: February 13, 2009, 05:01:51 pm »

I recently installed Coppermine v1.4.20 to use for a portfolio gallery type site. The only extras that I have added are EnlargeIt along with the Slider & Imageflow that comes with EnlargeIt. I wasn't sure where to post this question as I have all 3 modifications/plug-ins added. Also, I have searched for the last two days on these boards trying to find an answer before registering and posting here. I'm hoping that someone out there knows of a solution. I'm a total Coppermine newbie, so I really hope that I didn't overlook an easy answer.

Here's a link to my site:

http://twistedreality.us/gallery/index.php?

The problem that I am having is that no matter which setting I choose "Random, Most Viewed, Last Additions, etc" (for the Slider and Imageflow) I keep seeing the same images. I have added a little over 100 images all viewable to all groups, so it should show several different images when set to random. When set to Last Additions and I add new images it should show those new images. However, I keep seeing the same images for some reason. I have dumped cache completely a few times, restarted computer, checked with IE and FF and both browsers give me the same result and oddly enough the same images too.

Is there some type of task that I can run to update the database, or is something just not working like it should?

Thanks in advance.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Having problems with Random Images, please help
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 12:22:09 pm »

"Regular" random images from your gallery work as expected (try reloading http://twistedreality.us/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=random&cat=0 several times), so this issue is not related to the coppermine core, but to the plugin(s) you're using. Moving thread accordingly.

YBnormal

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Having problems with Random Images, please help
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2009, 05:51:35 pm »

Yes that is correct. Thanks for moving this to the appropriate forum. I wasn't sure exactly where to post. I blame it on newbie-ness, lol!

After starting this topic I did ask the same question in the Slider topic. Do you recommend that I ask the same question in the Imageflow topic too since this issue is happening with both plug-ins?

I really just want to get the two plug-ins to work like the regular "Random" and "Last Additions" sections of the core component which as you mentioned are working properly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 19 queries.