Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: multiple sort orders  (Read 2822 times)

tccjay

• Coppermine newbie
multiple sort orders
« on: February 03, 2009, 11:49:06 am »

I have a gallery of thread with about 150 different colors.  They are currently sorted in ascending order by the title of each image.  I would like to give the viewer the option to view the images in the sequence based on color, in the order of the rainbow.  What is the easiest way to achieve this?   I think I need a drop down box which presents the two sort orders.  Is there a plug-in?   8)

I am using Coppermine Photo Gallery 1.4.19

The website is http://www.planetearthfiber.com

Hein Traag

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • A, B, Cpg
    • Personal website - Spintires.nl
Re: multiple sort orders
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2009, 08:23:48 pm »

No support given. Respect the rules and make the "Powered by Coppermine" letters black or at least visible instead of white.

tccjay

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2009, 12:26:41 pm »

We have read and will respect the rules.  The footer has been corrected.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2009, 08:36:35 pm »

Actual gallery link is http://www.planetearthfiber.com/cpg/ btw.
I don't think that there is a plugin that will do what you're up to. I suggest coming up with a custom page (maybe using the MiniCMS plugin or using genuine Joomla technology together with cpmFetch) to create a sort of portal page that will allow your visitors to pick a color. I would then assign the color names as keywords and come up with a custom search.
Want an example? Edit your records in coppermine, using unique color names as keywords. Then send your visitors to pages with those keywords in the URL, for example the color name "blush": http://www.planetearthfiber.com/cpg/thumbnails.php?album=search&search=blush&keywords=on
Having your files within an album sorted by color palette would require you to come up with a clever naming scheme: currently, your files are named PE_-_001__Blush-1.jpg or PE_-_004_RedHot.jpg - how should a silly computer program determine which of those files should be sorted in which aspect. Assign names that start with the position in the rainbow instead and you should be good. This will of course mean starting over: you'd have to remove the content you currently have and re-upload your files.

Joachim

P.S. Please change the color of the onmouse event as well for the footer - white on white is not an option.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 20 queries.