Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Solved]: Uprgraded, now can't login as admin  (Read 5873 times)

wellzy

• Coppermine newbie
[Solved]: Uprgraded, now can't login as admin
« on: January 27, 2009, 07:19:47 pm »

I upgraded to 1.4.19 from 1.4.8 following the documentation and now I have a few minor problems. The first problem is that I cannot login as admin. I get the following message on the login screen: Warning your browser does not accept script's cookies. Using phpMyAdmin I checked the cookie_path which was correctly set to /. Then I checked the cookie name which is cpg148 (which i assume is OK). I also checked to make sure my browser(s) are able to accept the cookies, which they are (firefox and IE7). I can enter my un and pw but it brings me back to the login screen after i click 'login'. I have also checked the internal clock on the server and my PC and they are correct. Let me know if there is any other info you need to help me sort this out.

Also since I did the upgrade I cannot get the versioncheck.php or phpinfo.php to work. I get an an error: You don't have permission to access this page. If you can only answer one question per thread please help with the first one. They are probably related. Thank you.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2009, 10:32:20 pm by Nibbler »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Uprgraded, now can't login as admin
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2009, 10:03:31 am »

Post a link to your gallery for a start as per board and posting rules.
Try searching the board for threads that explain the tool adminpass. In fact, there a lots of threads that explain what you can do in your situation.

wellzy

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2009, 02:50:48 pm »

I have searched the forums. That is where I got the idea to check the cookie path and name, as well as the server internal clock. I see only two or three threads with a similar problem and none of their fixes solved my problem. I apologize if I missed something, but I have gone through multiple threads looking for a solution.

I made an error in my previous description of the problem. After I login it says says Welcome appwoods... and then goes to the gallery (with no admin tools). I have attached a screen shot of the login screen.

My gallery is located at http://www.heart-pine-flooring.com/gallery

Nibbler

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2009, 07:55:23 pm »

You haven't upgraded properly, you still have 1.4.8 files. Make sure you uploaded all the new files correctly and overwrote the old ones.

wellzy

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2009, 10:25:14 pm »

Nibbler, you were right. Somehow some of the subfolder files didn't get overwritten when I did the FTP. I had to use a different FTP program to get it to work. Thanks for your help. I appreciate it. Please close this thread.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.155 seconds with 19 queries.