Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Solved]: New server, old database and problems with backup  (Read 6346 times)

stanka

• Coppermine newbie
[Solved]: New server, old database and problems with backup
« on: January 13, 2009, 01:55:14 am »

Hello everyone,

I was searching the forums for awhile now, got some similar problems, as least I think so, but still I didn't manage to solve my problem. So here is the problem I have right now.

I had a gallery at my host, it was version 1.3x, at least there was cpg130_ in the phpmyadmin. I've created a backup of this database in phpmyadmin and then I installed a fresh copy of the latest coppermine gallery version available. For some reason I don't know how to import my old database into my new fresh instalation. The prefix for table is now cgp14x_, I couldn't use the old one with installation file as it didn't allow me (prefix already in use). I also changed the config.php settings to fit with my new prefix, but nothing. The webpage has only fresh installation and gallery, not a sign of old version.

So any help would be much appreciated. I have no idea what I am doing wrong, I bet there are simple answers as always, but can't find the solution.

Thank you very much!
S.H.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2009, 03:24:40 pm by Nibbler »

stanka

• Coppermine newbie
Re: New server, old database and problems with backup
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2009, 09:08:23 am »

One more thing to add, as I went through the documentation here:

http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/faq.htm#BackupDatabase
http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/index.htm#13

It still doesnt want to work.

First, before I made a backup of my database, I've tried to install a new theme (radio_xxl I think is its name) and when I changed setting in coppermine gallery, it all crashed. Then I've read here that if one uses theme for version 1.4x and trying to install it onto version 1.3x, it doesnt work and theme needs to be transmitted.

OK, now that doesn't matter because I've installed a new fresh copy of the gallery onto my server, but I wonder if this crash and changed in the settings of a gallery affected also a mysql and now, because of that crash, I am unable to import the database into my new instalation? Could this be a big problem?

Hopefully someone can help me out with this. I am not happy to see my 3200 images with all details not shown anymore...

Thank you!
S.H.

Nibbler

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2009, 02:04:54 pm »

Instead of trying to import, copy the old gallery to the new server and then update it.

stanka

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2009, 03:14:33 pm »

Oh, now it works! Great, thank you, I appreciate it!

As I already have one topic open and have a small question... I have several themes in the folder, but only one is showing ok. If I go to the config page and change it to another one, then it doesn't want to change. Always stays with the one I had on previous server "hardwired".

Are there any steps I forgot with these changing themes? I only want to set a fixed theme for public.

Thank you!
S.H.

Nibbler

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2009, 03:24:31 pm »

Clear your cookies.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 19 queries.