Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Coppermine 1.4.19 Installed -- How do I import the 1.4.2 files  (Read 7559 times)

kimhuff

• Coppermine newbie
Coppermine 1.4.19 Installed -- How do I import the 1.4.2 files
« on: January 12, 2009, 01:34:42 am »

Joomla: 1.5.8 Production/Stable [ Wohnaiki ] 10-November-2008 23:00 GMT
Database Version: 4.1.20-log
Database Collation: utf8_general_ci
PHP Version: 5.0.4
Web Server: Apache/2.0.54 (Fedora)
Domain: www.photoventure.org
Preferred Browser: Firefox 3.0.5 (also tried in IE 7.0.5730.13)
Coppermine: 1.4.19
Mehdi's Bridge: 1.7 (currently disabled)

I have installed Coppermine 1.4.19 on a new server (we are moving hosting companies.)  I would like to import the current users, uploads and everything that makes our old gallery what it was.  I do have two concerns.  One of the reason for the upgrade is our site had been hacked.  Granted, we were using a very old version of Coppermine and the Joomla was over three years old.  We have now solved that problem and have Joomla on the latest stable version and Coppermine is using the most recent version.  It would be great if we could get the Coppermine data on the old server which used 1.4.2 to import into the Coppermine on the new server running on Coppermine 1.4.19.  Is this possible?

I still have access to all of the old MySQL databases through PHPAdmin.  I did see a post on the forum (which i cant seem to find now) that was supposed to have a script that would allow you to move over the data, but when I clicked on the link it took me to another post.  If that was the script, I am confused.

Any assistance you can provide is appreciated.

Kim

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
Re: Coppermine 1.4.19 Installed -- How do I import the 1.4.2 files
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2009, 01:56:33 am »

You simply copy your old albums folder and mysql database accross along with an edited version of your old includes/config.inc.php

The run update.php from the coppermine root.

Assuming you have restored your Joomla users, when you restore the bridge those users will have access as before to their coppermine files.

The only problem I see is if user ID's have changed. You may find that users attached to user albums have become altered. To correct that you will need to edit the user ID's in the Joomla user table to match the old installation.

Goint off topic, Joomla has just released a new security release.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

kimhuff

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2009, 05:25:57 am »

Phil,

First let me say thank you for moving this to the correct location.  I almost posted it in upgrading but since I was talking about importing and wasnt sure where to post.

Second, I should mention that I have yet to get the bridge to work and right now there are NO Joomla users (or Coppermine for that matter) in either of the new databases as of yet.  About the msyql databases, I went into PHPAdmin on the old server and on the new one and the table names are different.  I tied importing the data of the cpgusers from the old one to the cpg14xusers to the new database and instead of importing the data into the new table, it just copied the table over there.  I am assuming that this will not work since the new table us with the 14x in it and the other does not.

Also, the old install never used a bridge so I am not sure what that is going to do in terms of the import.  Users had to have a login for coppermine if they wanted to upload pictures and joomla if they wanted to upload content.  I would almost rather recreate accounts but some how get the gallery content over there.  Is this possible?  I have never used Coppermine so I know very little about it.  I am up for learning but I am trying to set this up while dealing with a learning curve.

Finally, thanks for letting me know about the security release.  I went and checked my email and there the notice was.  ;)

Thanks again,

Kim

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2009, 10:20:01 am »

You can edit the prefix in confic.inc.php and get rid of the new tables you have from the 1.4.19 install (Make sure you copy all the old tables over). This will bring your old users and files over but if you are bridging you will loose the users.

If you have a lot of users that you really need to keep the only way round it is to bridge with an old joomla 1.0 and run the quickmerge.php sript that mehdi provides then upgrade to Joomla 1.5.9. A bit of a complicated work around that. Otherwise you will have to copy the users manually into joomla.

kimhuff

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2009, 11:56:04 pm »

Phill,

Thanks for all of the info.  I think what we are going to do is print off a list from the old database and bring it into Excel and from that create accounts in Joomla asking people to change their passwords.  My only concern is this... is there a way to bring over the old galleries?  It sounds like that the albums are tied to user accounts and if that is the case, I dont see how that will work since all the accounts will be different.

Also, I have posted a few messages on Joomla but havent received a response... do you know anything about the Mehdi bridge and how to get it to work?  I have tried it several times and everytime I turn on the bridge, I get a blank page.. even my joomla site is gone.  Do you use this bridge?  If not, what do you suggest as a bridge.  If so, would you be willing to provie me with some assistance?

Thanks,

Kim

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2009, 01:16:26 am »

I use the bridge myself as you can see here.

www.windsurf.me.uk

It works really well for me.

Do you have a link to your old site?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 19 queries.