Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JUpload questions  (Read 6740 times)

Bill_FL

• Coppermine newbie
JUpload questions
« on: January 05, 2009, 09:54:35 pm »

I am very new to this, so please bear with me.

First, I have a file size upload limit on the server of 2mb. Will using this fix that? Will it resize them before they hit the server?

Second, How do you install this? I read the read me file, but on the plugin manager, when I click on the jupload.php like it says, coppermine says its not a plugin file.

etienne_sf

• Coppermine addict
    • Wiki
Re: JUpload questions
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2009, 10:20:48 pm »

For
1) To upload picture bigger than your server 2M limitation, check the maxChunkSize parameter. You can upload file of any size, with it. Putting a limitation within the plugin is recommanded, though. Check the jupload maxFileSize parameter.
2) Picture can be resized, before upload, by the applet (upload is faster). It's the best choice for most people.
If you don't want that, check this link to know how to avoid it:
http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,56895.msg278040.html#msg278040

To install the plugin, you have to select the whole zip file in the plugin manager. Then click on the upload button.

Etienne

Bill_FL

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2009, 11:18:23 pm »

Thank you for responding. When I do that, this is what I get:

Critical error
There was an error copying the package to the plugins folder.

Vista is calling the file a zipped folder. I got the file from your other thread, showing where 3.3.1 was available. It acts like it doesnt like the zip file.

etienne_sf

• Coppermine addict
    • Wiki
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2009, 12:41:16 pm »

RTFM

If plugin installation with the Coppermine configuration page doesn't work, you'll have to copy yourself the files contained in the zip, in the plugins/jupload subdirectory.
 By FTP, for instance.

Etienne

Bill_FL

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2009, 04:24:17 pm »

I did read it. I uploaded it manually early this morning. Then I got a Java error. I have the most current release of Java installed. I found the instructions and read through them several times, then found the error. It was in the path to the applet, fixed it and all was well. Thank you.

etienne_sf

• Coppermine addict
    • Wiki
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2009, 10:37:27 pm »

I did read it. I uploaded it manually early this morning. Then I got a Java error. I have the most current release of Java installed. I found the instructions and read through them several times, then found the error. It was in the path to the applet, fixed it and all was well. Thank you.

Good news you've read it
 ;)

But?
  Do you mean there is a problem in the path of the applet in the package ?    Do you have anything specific, that prevent it to work on your env ?  What did you change ?

Etienne
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 19 queries.