Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Solved]: Access Denied - SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]  (Read 15023 times)

posh

• Coppermine newbie
[Solved]: Access Denied - SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
« on: December 29, 2008, 05:43:52 pm »

Yeah, another newbie post! :(

I installed the Coppermine Gallery, as part of my forum so the url went like this mysite.com/forum/gallery/. Had a few bumps when installing the gallery with the mysql databases, something with the passwords so I set up a new one and it worked then. So installed the gallery, uploaded a few things... then when I went back to my homepage i.e. www.mysite.com, this came up

General Error

SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Access denied for user 'xxxxxxx_caroline'@'xxxx.xxxxxxxxxx.ie' (using password: YES) [1045]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.

I dunno what's happened?  ??? I then checked to see if my forum database was working (I have three databases, one for the main site, forum and the gallery), so went to www.mysite.com/forum but got the same error.

I tried adding new users to the database and making them DBA and deleting xxxxxxx_caroline from the user list but it still comes up. Anyone know what the problem is?

:-\ :-\ :-\
« Last Edit: December 29, 2008, 06:12:32 pm by Nibbler »

Nibbler

Re: Access Denied - SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2008, 05:45:37 pm »

Make sure include/config.inc.php has valid details for connecting to the database. We can't help you with setting up databases and users, ask your host about that.

posh

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Access Denied - SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2008, 05:58:11 pm »

Cheers for the speedy response, I checked the config.php file in the gallery/include, it was the same, then checked it for my forum config.php file and got the right password, changed it for that user and now everything is hunky dory again!  :D  :D :D

Thank you!!!  :-*
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 20 queries.