Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Category thumbnail problem  (Read 12739 times)

mantraguy

• Coppermine newbie
Category thumbnail problem
« on: December 08, 2008, 06:22:42 am »

I have limited experience with Coppermine galleries, but I've encountered a problem I haven't been able to resolve. It relates to the index page's category thumbnails.

Let's start with the basics: I'm running Coppermine version 1.4.12. I've run the 'Version Check' and everything appears to be in order. My gallery has two categories; one has three subcategories, the other doesn't have any.

When I'm logged in with admin access, everything looks as it should. The attached image "gallery1.jpg" is a screen shot; this is how I want it to appear to everyone (in terms of thumbnails, that is), registered users and guests alike.

But when I log out, and view the index page as a guest would see it, it appears as shown in the second attached image, "gallery2.jpg".

As far as I can tell, this is not something that would be fixed with any settings (and I've looked at all the settings - nothing seems to fit). Is there some error in my setup - is there some reasonably easy way to fix this? The problem appears on any computer I use, and with both Firefox and IE (various versions).

Thanks in advance for any help you may be able to give me!

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
Re: Category thumbnail problem
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2008, 09:04:03 am »

Let's start with the basics: I'm running Coppermine version 1.4.12.

Could you upgrade to the latest release first?

http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/index.htm#upgrade_why

And then post a link to your site.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

mantraguy

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2008, 12:42:14 am »

Ok, done - the gallery is now updated to 1.4.19. Running the 'version check' utility, the only file error I get is from the anycontent.php file, as the upgrade manual said not to overwrite that file. Obviously the current file is therefore still reported as being version 1.4.12. But the main problem still occurs. The site is located at:

http://newzealand2008.gopaddle.net/nzgallery/index.php

mantraguy

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2009, 10:42:55 pm »

Anyone have any ideas on this? I can't figure out a solution, but surely someone else must have encountered this...

Thanks!

Nibbler

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2009, 11:14:53 pm »

Never seen this before. If you temporarily disable the 'albums can be private' setting in config does the problem disappear?

mantraguy

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2009, 11:21:41 pm »

If you temporarily disable the 'albums can be private' setting in config does the problem disappear?

Yes! OK, so apart from making all my albums public, does that give us any clues as to how to fix the problem - ie a certain file that may have errors or something?

Thanks!

Nibbler

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2009, 11:33:40 pm »

I think what's happened is that you've chosen a category thumbnail that guests don't actually have permission to see.

mantraguy

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2009, 11:56:25 pm »

OK, that makes sense. I'd created an 'invisible' album for titles so that the category thumbnail did not appear in any of the albums. I guess that can't be done - no biggie.

But now I've encountered a new problem - I can't change albums from any other status to 'public'. I can change them FROM public to another status and between other statuses, but not to (or back to) public! And ideas on this one?

Thanks

mantraguy

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2009, 01:10:28 am »

OK got it - it's a password thing.

Thanks again!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 20 queries.