Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Allow Registration while gallery is offline.  (Read 2770 times)

keola56

• Coppermine newbie
Allow Registration while gallery is offline.
« on: December 04, 2008, 09:54:13 am »

I couldn't find any specific information about this and no idea what the right terms to use to explain this.

Anyway. I would like to allow users to Register on my gallery and upload but not browse or see anyone's gallery while in offline mode. Only allow them to upload their photos and edit their profile. Is this a possible option? ??? ???

Reason is i want to set this up for a pre launch. Get users to visit, see the site, register, set up a gallery of their own and profile etc etc, then once enough users and content is up i can go live.

Any help is appreciated.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Allow Registration while gallery is offline.
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2008, 09:26:48 am »

Not sure what "offline mode" is in this aspect, but that's fairly simple: allow user to upload, but require admin approval. This way, users can upload, but nobody can see the uploaded pics.
If you meant the setting "Gallery is offline" in Coppermine's config: that setting does exactly what the name suggests: non-admin users can't do anything. They can't register. They can't upload. They can't log in. They can't browse the gallery. They can't do anything at all. Hence the name. If you need a different behaviour: change the core code (good luck).
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 19 queries.