Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Strange screen rendering issue  (Read 5599 times)

treehstn

• Coppermine frequent poster
Strange screen rendering issue
« on: November 17, 2008, 08:49:34 pm »

Hi,

I have been using JUpload for several days for many hours uploading several thousand images.  I've noticed a strange rendering issue.  I hope that I can explain this well.

If I hit the browse button to select the files I want to upload much of the time the list of folders in the window has a lot of space around them.  Or it doesn't display anything in the window at all.  If I click on the button that changes whether you are looking at the folders in the list format or thumbnail format then it appears to redisplay the folders correctly.

I'm wondering if it might have something to do with available ram.  I just shutdown my computer and restarted.  Now what it is doing is displaying the folders with a lot of the space around them but when I drill down to the image files it displays them correctly.  I can't replicate the issue now.  I suspect that the issue will return after I've been working for several hours or days.

I'm attaching a couple of screen shots of what I'm trying to describe.  I'm using version 1.4.19 of CM and 3.2.2 of JUpload.  I'm reluctant to upgrade JUpload in the middle of this project that I'm working on.

Any help would be awesome!

etienne_sf

• Coppermine addict
    • Wiki
Re: Strange screen rendering issue
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2008, 10:15:57 pm »

Hum,

The fact is, I didn't succeed in doing exactly what I wanted to, there.

The size of file icons depends on the content of your folders: when there are files, they'll be bigger, to display a preview of the pictures. But it may be hard to understand. To do a better job, I'll need some time (rewriting of the browsing window, instead of using the java one), or wait for next Java version. Which is what I'm doing now...   ;)

BTW, you should try drag'n drop, and copy/paste file on the applet (with last version). You can do that with your favorite file explorer, which should display much better pictures, than the JUpload browser window.

Etienne

treehstn

• Coppermine frequent poster
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2008, 11:28:57 pm »

Oh for pete's sake!!!  I totally missed the drag and drop feature!  JUpload has saved me countless hours of work in the last couple of months.  Drag and drop is going to make it even easier!  Thank you so much for your time.

Are you setup to receive donations?

etienne_sf

• Coppermine addict
    • Wiki
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2008, 10:54:27 pm »

Are you setup to receive donations?

I guess I should activate that on my wiki ... when it'll be up again....

Thanks for the reminder    ;)

Etienne
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 19 queries.