Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Coppermine should also allow Video  (Read 154496 times)

marcamillion

• Coppermine frequent poster
Installing the cpg 1.2.1 video hack or full..
« Reply #80 on: February 02, 2004, 08:26:14 am »

If I have 1.2.0full installed...which video mod should I add ? The hack or the full ? All i want to do is upgrade basically. Will the upgrade change the configurations I have saved already and change things like my theme modifications etc ? Also, when I install the video mod, will it upgrade my gallery to version 1.2.1 ?'

Thnx  :D

omniscientdeveloper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
Coppermine should also allow Video
« Reply #81 on: February 02, 2004, 09:36:42 am »

Most likely, you both didn't update all your pages.

:| @ that video

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Installing the cpg 1.2.1 video hack or full..
« Reply #82 on: February 02, 2004, 09:54:27 am »

Quote from: "marcamillion"
If I have 1.2.0full installed...which video mod should I add ? The hack or the full ? All i want to do is upgrade basically. Will the upgrade change the configurations I have saved already and change things like my theme modifications etc ? Also, when I install the video mod, will it upgrade my gallery to version 1.2.1 ?'

Thnx  :D
[moved/merged your posting to the thread that deals with video mod]
First of all, you have to understand that the video mod is still in beta phase (meaning "use at your own risk").
If you're running cpg1.2.0, you're encouraged to update to cpg1.2.1 anyway (since it doesn't contain new features, but only fixes some bugs). Using the full package will upgrade your gallery to 1.2.1 (remember running the upgrade script!), so it's the option to go for.

GauGau

symantix

• Coppermine newbie
    • http://symantix.net
« Reply #83 on: February 06, 2004, 04:19:02 am »

Sorry if this has already been asked...I skimmed through this thread and didn't find anything...

Can this hack be used with the Nuke version of coppermine?  If not, are there any plans for a modified hack that can?

This whole system is great.  Thank you guys for your passion.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #84 on: February 06, 2004, 07:45:58 am »

this board is only for the standalone version of cpg, the nuke support can be found elsewhere. To answer your question: no, this mod will only work for the standalone, not the nuke version at the moment. I'm sure the nuke team will implement it for a future release, as soon as the small issues that exist with video mod have been ironed out.

GauGau

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #85 on: February 06, 2004, 11:21:19 pm »

split/moved unrelated postings dealing with "random pics not displaying properly" to separate thread, as it's not related to this thread: http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=3661

GauGau

chief

• Coppermine newbie
Can't get mpg or mpeg to show any videos
« Reply #86 on: February 07, 2004, 06:54:57 pm »

I uploaded some mpgs and I can't get any videos.  I can only hear sound.  I upload them via ftp and batch add them to their respective album.  

Also after you upload the videos files is there a way to add a thumb for the video instead of the generic video icon.

Thanks for the all of the help this is a great hack or mod.

tarr

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #87 on: February 07, 2004, 10:11:26 pm »

at: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=89658&package_id=98542
there are two video mods (full and another) Whats' the difference?
will they work on 1.2.1 ?

Pathos

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #88 on: February 07, 2004, 10:21:10 pm »

Quote from: "tarr"
at: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=89658&package_id=98542
there are two video mods (full and another) Whats' the difference?
will they work on 1.2.1 ?

They are both 1.2.1 files..

cpg1.2.1_mod_video_full.zip <--- CPG 1.2.1 With Video Mod (Full Install)
cpg1.2.1_mod_video_hack.zip <--- Just the changed files for use with 1.2.1

intranet

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #89 on: February 08, 2004, 03:58:47 pm »

Quote from: "salvemeum"
Hmm.. Now I tried uploading 2 files to an album.. 2 files that were 2.48 and 2.45 mb... in mpg format, with the mpeg extension to the filenames. The 2.48 mb file uploaded nicely, and worked fine, but the 2.45 mb file I got an
" No picture was uploaded !
If you have really selected a picture to upload, check that the server allows file uploads... !  error... What could cause this? since the files are about the same size + they have the same extension.. non of the files has illigal characters in their name either, one is called mcsplash.mpeg, the other hjelle.mpeg .. strange...

I never saw the outcome of this , I am having a very similar problem, except everytime I try to upload a small video  I get that error. I haven't had one upload correctly. I set my max file size to 50 meg just to be safe, and can't think of anything else that needs changed. I am able to upload pictures properly. I found out the size via properties and entered the values correctly. But always get the "If you have really selected...." , I also added AVI and MPG to the accepted file extentions in the config section although I'm not sure that did anything.

I can provide a link if needed, its a reef aquarium site.. so its safe :)

A few more details: I installed the full video install from scratch . Added no mods.

Thanks very much for your help.

--- edit --- The file I was trying to upload was approx 3 meg in size. I tried uploading the "parent" file to that clip which is 15  meg and it did try a bit longer then gave this error:
Script called without the required parameter(s).

All larger files I try to upload give that error. Mpg and Avi

omniscientdeveloper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #90 on: February 08, 2004, 09:48:59 pm »

Sounds like the same issue: Not all of your files are updates. If so, then maybe the package is missing a file, which I doubt because most people say it works fine. At any rate, if you're having persistant problems, I suggest that you uninstall the mod.

intranet

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #91 on: February 08, 2004, 10:05:19 pm »

I downloaded the "full install" video mod package, and installed it in a seperate folder than my running coppermine, created a different database for it too. I tried everything I could to make it a completely seperate install.

did I do that correctly? was the full package meant to be a completely new install?

omniscientdeveloper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #92 on: February 08, 2004, 11:36:53 pm »

Verify that you have the correct upload page. It is correct, if you can see fields for height and width. If not, then most likely, that's your problem. Also, try clearing the cache on your browser. It is possible that you could be looking at an old page, even after updating the one on the server.

intranet

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #93 on: February 09, 2004, 01:16:06 pm »

Yup, I have the size fields.

To enter the size for the AVI's I used to values that windows XP shows as the size ( its included in my Details listing ) and for mpeg I downloaded an mpeg properties program.

Could it be timing out?

nirre

• Coppermine newbie
thx
« Reply #94 on: February 09, 2004, 10:35:01 pm »

Thanks for this GREAT mod its working perfectly ;)
Im just curious if there is going to be a feature to have a thumb of the movie instead of the "moviejpgs" ?

Thx again for the time u spent with this great mod. Of course a big THX to all the cpg authors !! :D

omniscientdeveloper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #95 on: February 12, 2004, 10:49:30 am »

If I have time to add it.

luhong

• Coppermine newbie
Failed opening required 'include/config.inc.php'
« Reply #96 on: February 14, 2004, 07:21:05 am »

Hi, guys, I got a standalone installation working ok(using cpg1.2.1_mod_video_full.zip), but it does not work with my phpnuke 7.

I am getting messages like:
Fatal error: Failed opening required 'include/config.inc.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php')

Any help is greatly appreciated.

luhong

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Failed opening required 'include/config.inc.php'
« Reply #97 on: February 14, 2004, 08:15:45 am »

Quote from: "luhong"
Hi, guys, I got a standalone installation working ok(using cpg1.2.1_mod_video_full.zip), but it does not work with my phpnuke 7.

I am getting messages like:
Fatal error: Failed opening required 'include/config.inc.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php')

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Ok, I just solved that by adding a ini_set(...) line to phpnuke's modules.php. However, I am getting a new error
Coppermine critical error:
Unable to load template file template.html!

Is cpg1.2.1_mod_video_full.zip really working with phpnuke?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Failed opening required 'include/config.inc.php'
« Reply #98 on: February 14, 2004, 08:43:26 am »

Quote from: "luhong"
Is cpg1.2.1_mod_video_full.zip really working with phpnuke?
No, and nobody claimed it would. This whole board is for the standalone version of coppermine only. The nuke dev team will surely port the mod once it's done and mature, please watch the nuke board for details or announcements.

GauGau

jeeplaw

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #99 on: February 14, 2004, 10:47:57 pm »

Great mod guys. I 2nd that notion to get a thumbnail taken of the initial vid shot.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 18 queries.