Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: upgrading from 1.4.18 to 1.4.19 in a real mess  (Read 4913 times)

parkvilla

• Coppermine newbie
upgrading from 1.4.18 to 1.4.19 in a real mess
« on: October 28, 2008, 01:40:06 am »

Hello, I am new to coppermine and everthing was going real well until I tried to upgrade from 1.4.18 to 1.4.19 I followed all the insructions and everything seemed to be fine but when I tried to view the gallery on my site www.parkvillafc.net I got an error message that read 'while executing query "SELECT * FROM cpg_config" on 0 my SQL error: Table 'parkvill_gallery2.cpg_config' doesn't exist. I admit that since then I have tried following everything suggested on these forums and in the upgrade instructions (regarding the backup) but I have got into a right mess and have deleted some SQL databases and the coppermine versions 1.1.18 & 1.4.19. Everything i.e.pictures etc is still on my FTP server but Coppermine won't let me put a new version on without deleting some files. I am afraid to do this as it has taken me three months to get all the photos on my site. I know I'm an idiot for going on so far without asking for help but I thought it could all be reversed but of course it can't. I will be most grateful if anyone has the answers to my problem, I can provide you with any additional inormation as required. Assuming that someone is able to sort this out will links I have to photos in coppermine still work or will I have to start the whole gallery from scratch again? If this is not the place to put this post I apologise and I really have looked long and very hard to see if the answer is elsewhere on the forum but it doesn't seem to be! I've been at this for four and a half hours now yours in desperation :-[

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: upgrading from 1.4.18 to 1.4.19 in a real mess
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2008, 08:02:42 am »

Actual link to your gallery is http://www.parkvillafc.net/gallery/ I pressume? If yes, re-upload all files from the cpg1.4.19 package there. Restore the backup you made before starting to mess up.

parkvilla

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2008, 05:54:43 pm »

Thank you for your advice I have tried to follow it as best as I can but I'm not sure if what I am doing is right. When I click on the link www.parkvillafc.net/gallery/ I now get the folllowing message: While executing query "SELECT * FROM cpg14x_parkvillconfig" on 0

mySQL error: Table 'parkvill_gallery2.cpg14x_parkvillconfig' doesn't exist

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2008, 11:26:59 pm »

Well, obviously the database table doesn't exist. Seems like you deleted it when running havoc. Restore it from your backup then.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 19 queries.