Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Program for Video Thumbnails?  (Read 59388 times)

pftq

• Contributor
  • Coppermine frequent poster
Program for Video Thumbnails?
« on: September 28, 2008, 10:27:59 pm »

I understand there is currently no way to automatically generate thumbnails for video in CPG.  Currently, I've had to get the frames manually and shrink each one in size.  With large numbers of videos, this can be somewhat a hassle.

Are there any programs available that can take the first frame and create thumbnails for a batch of videos (flv preferably)?

Thanks

SaWey

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • SaWey.be
Re: Program for Video Thumbnails?
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2008, 11:41:38 pm »

You might want to try and search for ffmpeg

pftq

• Contributor
  • Coppermine frequent poster
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2008, 12:33:54 am »

Ah no - I meant a desktop, standalone program.  Do not want to overload the server more than I have to. :D

Thanks though. :)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

David Stone

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2011, 02:38:32 pm »

Hey, you need not to have a specialized software. The video playing software KM player video playing software has a function called album art, with that you capture the first frame of video.
 *Link Removed*
 *Link Removed*

efsaneturk5o

• Coppermine newbie
  • efsaneturk.tk
    • www.efsaneturk.tk
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2011, 11:54:21 am »

eFSaNeTuRk,efsaneturk.tk,efsanetürk,efsane,oyun,black ops,sxe,cfg,metin2

smithvaughn

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2011, 08:27:37 am »

i think the km player or real player would help you out in order to sought your problem. And on these you can add up a large number of thumbnail for videos.

danielswong

• Coppermine newbie
    • discount gucci

danielswong

• Coppermine newbie
    • discount gucci
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2011, 08:31:07 am »

http://www.google.com/search?q=capture+video+frame
Oh,this was posted earlier here,lol!!! ;D ;D ;D

Delila172

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2011, 07:41:47 pm »

real player always helps... woohoo ^^ 

builders

• Coppermine novice
  • London Builders
    • London Builders
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2012, 02:01:09 am »

Does it work without any problems ?

bilder

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2012, 12:46:35 pm »

Hi, I have use realplayer and found it did not have any problems, but it was a bit slow at times, so maybe try a few of the other suggestions first  :)

gatecube

• Coppermine newbie
    • Decent SMS
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2012, 10:40:54 am »

there a free script on the net some thing like vidi script or something like i dont really remember it well it had video thumbnail option. try googling
http://sms.gatecube.com/sms/Cool_Decent_SMS/

Josh W

• Coppermine newbie
  • I`m new and growing
    • Friv
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2012, 04:59:14 pm »

You can try EZV Video Capture or you can use X2X Free Video Capture. Both are free and easy to use.

Theaver

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2014, 09:44:32 am »

I was a looking for one that could be manually selected each thumb like Image Grabber II for Windows.
“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”

forumcop1

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2020, 01:16:21 am »

Solution for ffmpeg but first my rant then you can block the account.  For all those that had to suffer abuse here!

I came back on here after being banned for showing the supporters of this forum what it's like to be on this side of the abuse.  Account was cadude7 and will be my handle on my plugins.

Links that are out right uncalled for showing the true nature of the developers and admins:  And to think most of this was from 11 years ago and you're all still here being dinks!   Are you that inadequate down stairs boys???

https://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,58976.0.html

https://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,62239.0.html

https://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,56158.0.html

https://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,64009.0.html

https://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,64915.0.html 
I can tell you why he didnt....1.5 dont work out of the box. And your attitude left him not telling you his solution or he went to a rip off that is providing adequate support.

I can provide so many more links!  but why?  I started at the bottom of page 1.  you can do your own research!  You seriously need an HR account that terminates abuse by developers and admins.

People are taking the rip offs BECAUSE your all assholes and you have not changed since you started this quest.  No wonder the founder quit. If you use this on your resume, you don't deserve the right as you get an F-!  You complain you don't get paid; well take donations dude and even then you wouldn't deserve it with your attitude.  I donate to GNU projects and will not to coppermine as long as the two individuals that resulted in my rant ban are still supporting this product or till they all bend over and post apologies in the public domain space!  Actually any developer that ranted her should apologize.   It's not just me that wants an apology, I want one for everyone that has to lurk!

I will never post your full package, but ill share my changes with those interested.  my code is posted as zips on my website. https://elterfamily.ca/Elter/Albums/index.php?cat=11  I also run ClamAV behind the scenes which is now integrated into uniload.php for the html 5 multi file upload.  You need to understand windows services to use it. So there is nothing in my files.   basically you use there stuff as the base and then install plugins or core replacement files that I provide.  i only will do this for 1.6.9 or the version i am running.  I might even decide to go use a rip off myself. 

You do have some nice work here BUT you need to relax and take some criticism.  Your support rules Suck!!!  And i will be like the rest and lurk as a guest!  You have more lurkers then signed in every day; ive looked in Dec.  Your board stats show your losses by the shear attitude of your supporters.  Get laid once and awhile and stop taking it out on the rest of the world!   Setup a paypal donation...literally make it better somehow and fire the volunteers that make this place a shit hole.  Explains why there are ripoffs out there....people got tired of you.

We Canadians 🍁 are nice as shit.  But we can smell assholes 🐖 and can become one just as quick!  Based on the country flags for the user; i can see why they have idadequicy issues. Bann this account too please!  ill just get another IP/MAC address when i want to rant observing your abuse lurking.  Once this is posed my cookies are wipped and i dont login again; till its necessary.  Plus I’m on a different tower!

Consider me your forum police.  Where i punish the admins too!

andy-v72

• Coppermine newbie
    • Real-life Females  Superlative Сasual Dating
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2023, 07:26:52 am »

You can try using FFmpeg for this. It's a powerful command-line tool that can do the job. Just run something like:'' ffmpeg -i your_video.flv -vf "select=eq(n\,0)" -vframes 1 thumbnail.jpg''. This command will extract the first frame of your FLV video and save it as a thumbnail. You can then use a loop or a batch script to do this for multiple videos.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 20 queries.