Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fatal error: Call to undefined function: preg_match  (Read 7443 times)

MarpleMW

• Coppermine newbie
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: preg_match
« on: September 27, 2008, 08:32:57 am »

Hello,

My Coppermine gallery at www.visitmarple.co.uk/photos has stopped working overnight and I am receiving the following error.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: preg_match() in /home/mwdhcouk/public_html/photos/include/init.inc.php on line 113

I have searched the forum for similar problems and cannot find anything that helps. I have tried switching debug mode on using the MyphpAdmin tutorial but that hasn't provided any more information.

I have replaced init.inc.php with the orginal version, which made no difference.

The last entry in my error log shows the following text:

[26-Sep-2008 23:04:09] PHP Warning:  Unknown(): Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20020429/ixed.5.2.lin' - /usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20020429/ixed.5.2.lin: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0

Can you help me to fix this problem please?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Fatal error: Call to undefined function: preg_match
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2008, 08:51:00 am »

preg_match() is a function built into PHP. If it is being reported as missing, something is fishy on your webserver. You can't fix that on your own, so you'll have to ask your webhost for support. Just show them this thread and they should know what to do.

MarpleMW

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Fatal error: Call to undefined function: preg_match
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2008, 11:26:30 am »

Thanks for your helpful reply Joachim.

Just in case it is useful to others I can now advise that my host has said that this is caused by a problem with cPanel and they (cPanel) are currently working to fix it. My webhost advised me to try changing my cPanel settings to run PHP4 or PHP5 instead of accepting the server default. Switching to PHP5 has resolved the issue at the moment whilst PHP4 won't work. Hopefully there will be a full fix in the near future.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 19 queries.