Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to backup and upgrade versions?  (Read 5850 times)

rdavis

• Coppermine newbie
How to backup and upgrade versions?
« on: August 21, 2008, 06:47:49 am »

Hey everyone!

I really want to upgrade my 1.4.18 installation to the new 1.4.19 version and then one day the 1.5 version. Right now, I have already patched with the functions.inc.php file to take care of the injection problem, but want to upgrade for all the other issues the 1.4.19 addresses.

Here is what I have customized and dont know what will happen to it when I upgrade:
1.) I have a custom template: The enlighten template that has been re-coded with different navbars, spacer images for the menus, etc. and don't know what will happen to all that stuff I have done if I upgrade.
2.) I have modified the themes.inc.php with some line breaks to tweak my layout and am thinking that if I upgrade all this will be messed up.
3.) I have also added the YouTube hack (to upload.php and theme.php)
4.) I have changed the color of the buttons and stuff in the main images folder to match my theme (desaturated all images).

Can someone let me know what will happen if I upgrade? Also, how do I backup my gallery, tables, etc. so that if something happens I can restore it to the way I had it before the upgrade.

Please let me know! Thanks for any help!

-Ryan-

François Keller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka Frantz
    • Ma galerie
Re: How to backup and upgrade versions?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2008, 07:11:25 am »

Hi,

at first read the doc http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/index.htm#upgrade_steps
I have a custom template: The enlighten template that has been re-coded with different navbars, spacer images for the menus, etc. and don't know what will happen to all that stuff I have done if I upgrade.
Nothing if you don't overwrite your custom theme folder
I have modified the themes.inc.php with some line breaks to tweak my layout and am thinking that if I upgrade all this will be messed up.
It was not the good way: you never must modifie the theme.inc.php file. If you have to modifie a function, copy/paste it to the theme.php file from your theme and modifie this file, this way, you can safely ugrade to a new version
I have also added the YouTube hack (to upload.php and theme.php)
for the upload.php file, you will have to re-apply your changes in the new file, for the theme.php file, nothing to do if you don't overwrite the file
I have changed the color of the buttons and stuff in the main images folder to match my theme (desaturated all images).
don't overwrite this folder during the upgrade process
Avez vous lu la DOC ? la FAQ ? et cherché sur le forum avant de poster ?
Did you read the DOC ? the FAQ ? and search the board before posting ?
Mon Blog
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 20 queries.