Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Your Forums 'activation' email fails 'Sender Address Verification'  (Read 17602 times)

tbaker1980

• Coppermine newbie

http://www.postfix.org/ADDRESS_VERIFICATION_README.html

When I was attempting to register for the boards, my host which has implemented Postfix SAV would not accept your web form which had an invalid 'MAIL FROM' in the SMTP Envelope:

Dec  6 14:05:28 mx3 pf-in/smtpd[82014]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from coppermine.vm.bytemark.co.uk[80.68.88.129]: 554 5.1.7 <www-data@coppermine.vm.bytemark.co.uk>: Sender address rejected: undeliverable address: host a.mx.coppermine.vm.bytemark.co.uk[80.68.88.129] said: 550 Unknown user (in reply to RCPT TO command); from=<www-data@coppermine.vm.bytemark.co.uk> to=<MY_EMAIL_ADDRESS> proto=ESMTP helo=<coppermine.vm.bytemark.co.uk>

Your verification email has the envelope (SMTP Session, not header) MAIL FROM of
from=<www-data@coppermine.vm.bytemark.co.uk>

However your MX server responds 550 Invalid user when attempting to validate that address.

I had to beg my ISP to whitelist your revdns (coppermine.vm.bytemark.co.uk[80.68.88.129]), but it would be much simpler if your MAIL FROM where a valid mailbox, even if you had it delivering to |>dev/null

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Your Forums 'activation' email fails 'Sender Address Verification'
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2009, 08:29:21 am »

You're right. Thanks for the report.

I will quote your message in a new thread on a dev-only board and we'll try to come up with a solution. Thanks again.

Joachim
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 20 queries.