Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need help fixing problems in order to upgrade!  (Read 6867 times)

tngenewhiz

• Coppermine newbie
Need help fixing problems in order to upgrade!
« on: July 26, 2008, 08:26:51 am »

I got spoiled by the scripted installer and updater option at my hosting company.  However, they no longer support Coppermine.

I want to keep Coppermine, so I need to upgrade to version 1.4 -- but first I need help from someone with more PHP and SQL knowledge than I have.  I hope to find that help here!

My album at www.acuff.org/photos has somehow gotten corrupted.  I can see it, but the albums and photos are all messed up.  The database looks okay -- as far as I can tell.

Can I just delete the existing 1.3.x files and upload the 1.4 files?

François Keller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka Frantz
    • Ma galerie
Re: Need help fixing problems in order to upgrade!
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2008, 08:43:47 am »

look's like your site was hacked :-\
look here for upgrade infos http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/index.htm#upgrade but before read this thread to clean up your install http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,51927.0.html
Avez vous lu la DOC ? la FAQ ? et cherché sur le forum avant de poster ?
Did you read the DOC ? the FAQ ? and search the board before posting ?
Mon Blog

tngenewhiz

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2008, 01:53:05 am »

look's like your site was hacked :-\
look here for upgrade infos http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/index.htm#upgrade but before read this thread to clean up your install http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,51927.0.html

Thank you for this response.  I have found the culprit -- a PHP file masking as a JPG.

I followed the upgrade procedures, but I still have a wobbly Coppermine deployment.  Currently, the gallery is off-line.

For added security, I am considering moving the Coppermine deployment to a brand new sub-domain and the database to a brand-new mySQL server.

On the new sub-domain, Coppermine 1.4.18 would be installed FRESH at the root.  Then I hope to import into the new Coppermine database my SQL dump from the old Coppermine 1.4.18 database (dump created AFTER running update.php script).  This will overwrite (using Drop Table) the installation default tables.

Then I will copy my userpics folders (having been sanitized to remove the hacker files) to the albums directory of the new Coppermine sub-domain.

Because I'm not very experienced in this regard, I would appreciate someone's review of this plan.  If there is a flaw, please advise.

I appreciate the assistance and look forward to getting my photo albums back on-line!

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2008, 09:12:35 am »

Because I'm not very experienced in this regard, I would appreciate someone's review of this plan.  If there is a flaw, please advise.
Do exactly as suggested in the thread that François has already refered to. There is a reason why I wrote those long explanations: because they are the method we recommend. Moving everything into a sub-domain and messing with the database or performing a fresh install and then performing a partial restore doesn't sound like good actions to improve security or sanitize your gallery, but just like asking for trouble.

tngenewhiz

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2008, 10:39:07 am »

Do exactly as suggested in the thread that François has already refered to. There is a reason why I wrote those long explanations: because they are the method we recommend. Moving everything into a sub-domain and messing with the database or performing a fresh install and then performing a partial restore doesn't sound like good actions to improve security or sanitize your gallery, but just like asking for trouble.

Thank you for taking the time to respond.  I failed to clarify that I did follow the procedures in that wonderfully informative thread, so I now have a clean 1.4.18 installation.  And, I was able to identify the reason my albums appeared "wobbly."  The configuration settings for display had been changed somehow.  But, that is rectified.

I guess what I want to be sure of at this point is that a fresh install should be clear of problems since I followed the instructions in your thread.

I shall move forward with great faith that it will be!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 19 queries.