Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Watermarks  (Read 6955 times)

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
Watermarks
« on: July 15, 2008, 09:23:39 am »

Hi Etienne_sf,

Firstly I would like to thank you for an excellent plugin and your help in the past. No only has this plugin made uploading a lot easier, it has got around some server/host restrictions on one of my installs.

Would it be possible/easy to add the facility to add watermarks before upload using your application. Many people user server side plugins to add watermarks but surely it would be better to do it before upload and this seems the ideal way.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Watermarks
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2008, 06:21:04 pm »

Well, if your users are aware that they need to apply watermarks on their client (before uploading), why not use one of the watermarking utilities like picture shark? It would be much easier to accomplish imo, since afaik Java can't do that much on the client permissions-wise.

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2008, 08:53:40 pm »

I agree. It is just that people are often unaware of apps like that and unfortunately in my case it seems to be the photographers that use one of my sites.

I know little of Java but a quick google brings up many ways of using Java to add watermarks. I'm sure it is easilly achievable.

Anyway, just thinking aloud. I'll spend some time looking at it.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

etienne_sf

• Coppermine addict
    • Wiki
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2008, 09:27:32 pm »

Hi,

I guess there are so many ways to do this, that it would probably be easier to do something by another plugin, specialized in that. It would then, also work for standard upload.

Etienne

Farnsi

• LocalSupporter
  • Coppermine frequent poster
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2008, 02:08:25 pm »

i guess that stramms mod pack will go into the next major relaese, CPG 1.5.
when this version will be released it could perhaps be possible to use the function of the former mod pack to watermark through jupload in any way?! (well i really don't know how the function of stramms mod pack works because i don't use that feature)
Regards,
Farnsi
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 19 queries.