Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Specifying Upload directory  (Read 8881 times)

cawdor

• Coppermine newbie
Specifying Upload directory
« on: July 12, 2008, 11:27:52 am »

Firstly, thanks for a great utility, it's much faster for me than batch upload.
I have one problem though: I'm running my server from home so I don't need to FTP or anything. So what I do is I make a directory in the albums folder of coppermine, put my photos in there that I want to upload and then used the batch upload to put them into coppermine. That resulted in the original files staying there and coppermine generated the thumbnails in that same directory.

Now with Jupload - I started doing the same thing, putting my photos in a directory in the album folder and then using Jupload to upload. But what happens is that Jupload puts those photos and thumbnails into the "userpics" directory in a folder that has a seemingly random number (ie 340, 341 etc). That's not what I want, as I name all my folders a certain way so I can find photos on the server drive.
Is there a way to specify in Jupload where the thumbnails should go?
Because right now I'm ending up with double the set of photos (one set in my original folder and one set plus thumbnails in the "userpics" folder).

I'm hoping this is a clear description of my problem, any help would be appreciated.

etienne_sf

• Coppermine addict
    • Wiki
Re: Specifying Upload directory
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2008, 03:57:46 pm »

Hi,

The aim of this plugin is to make upload to the server as simple as possible.

You're not in this case, as you manually upload the picture files to the server, then want the server to use them. In your case, I see to ways to work:
1) Instead of putting your picture on your server, upload them to it with the plugin. And let it manage your folders. That is: use it for what it is has been built.
2) Keep using the batch upload.

FYI: the folders name are the albums number. I do this to limit the number of files in a directory, which is not done by standard upload.

Etienne

cawdor

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2008, 04:19:29 pm »

Thank you for your reply. The reason I prefer to use your plugin rather than the batch upload, is that the batch upload takes FOREVER now that it has to go through hundreds of directories in search for "new" photos (searchnew.php). It takes about 2.5 minutes just from the time I click on "batch upload" to when I actually get to see the directories to select from.
Whereas your plugin does the same job in a few seconds!

Maybe this could be a future feature, being able to select the target directory.

Jasondt2001

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2008, 10:53:22 pm »

I do my own directory sorting through the 'albums' area.
When i hit the batch upload button the 'searchnew.php' takes FOREVER also. I know it's going through everything, but, is there a way to make it NOT search for new things? Maybe illeviate the searchnew.php function.
I realize how great it would be if all my files were mixed, but, i put them in seperate directories and manage it myself (it was an existing site).

etienne_sf

• Coppermine addict
    • Wiki
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2008, 11:07:18 pm »

I do my own directory sorting through the 'albums' area.
When i hit the batch upload button the 'searchnew.php' takes FOREVER also. I know it's going through everything, but, is there a way to make it NOT search for new things? Maybe illeviate the searchnew.php function.
I realize how great it would be if all my files were mixed, but, i put them in seperate directories and manage it myself (it was an existing site).

This is off-topic: not related to JUpload.

Jasondt2001

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2008, 03:43:06 am »

I'm so sorry, You're absolutely right. I was using search and just popped in here without looking at the area I was in.
I apologize and if you feel the need to delete my post I totally understand.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 19 queries.