Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 'Strange' colors when transmitting metadata (vote for correction & camera list)  (Read 16469 times)

etienne_sf

• Coppermine addict
    • Wiki

Hi,

The java code contains a bug, that transform colors, for pictures generated by recent camera. This is a known java bug.

You can check it, by putting the pictureTransmitMetadata jupload configuration parameter to true. For instance all recent Canon EOS have the problem, though it's Ok with my EOS 20D (30D pictures generates the problem, perhaps not in all picture mode, portrait only ?)

What I propose is:
1) Vote on Sun site, to make this correction planned. It's current priority is low, and not high as written (I wish it is high !). So vote for it, to make its priority rise.
http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=6687970

2) Tell me all camera that are KO, by answering to this thread
That is: colors can become strange, when uploaded with their metadata.
Be sure to try different picture mode (portrait, landscape, horizontal, vertical...)

If the number of cameras is high enough, I could ask again to Sun for a correction of this problem.

Etienne
« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 10:09:28 pm by etienne_sf »

topkool

• Coppermine newbie

I experienced a similar issue, but only with B&W pictures.

Let me explain :
- I take a picture with my Canon EOS 20D in a RAW format.
- Then, I convert the RAW picture into a JPEG one using "PhaseOne Capture One Pro 3.7.8", and using the ICC grayscale profile (in order to get a B&W picture). The picture looks OK in Photoshop, Windows Explorer and XnView.
- Then, once uploaded into Coppermine through JUpload, the colors become drab, with very low contrast.
- If the picture is upload using the original Coppermine feature, it appears OK

In attachment, you can see the difference between the original picture and the one uploaded through JUpload.

etienne_sf

• Coppermine addict
    • Wiki

I experienced a similar issue, but only with B&W pictures.

Let me explain :
- I take a picture with my Canon EOS 20D in a RAW format.
- Then, I convert the RAW picture into a JPEG one using "PhaseOne Capture One Pro 3.7.8", and using the ICC grayscale profile (in order to get a B&W picture). The picture looks OK in Photoshop, Windows Explorer and XnView.
- Then, once uploaded into Coppermine through JUpload, the colors become drab, with very low contrast.
- If the picture is upload using the original Coppermine feature, it appears OK

In attachment, you can see the difference between the original picture and the one uploaded through JUpload.

Hi,

I can't repeat that, neither on my demo site (unix) nor on my dev PC (windows). Can you give me more info about that ?

Etienne

etienne_sf

• Coppermine addict
    • Wiki
Nikon D80
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2009, 10:10:32 pm »

This one also generate pictures which can not be resized or rotated by the applet.

KielSolomon18

• Coppermine newbie

I agree because in some instance the codes did not work because it depends on the source.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 21 queries.