Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 ... 25   Go Down

Author Topic: EnlargeIt! (AJAX user interface for CPG 1.4.x)  (Read 455927 times)

Timos-Welt

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Timos-Welt
Re: EnlargeIt! (AJAX user interface for CPG 1.4.x)
« Reply #140 on: September 16, 2008, 08:12:49 am »

It would be great if you could figure out how to make it work with "Height" only or "Width" only for your next release, I think a lot of people would find it useful, I know I would  :D

To be honest: I didn't even know untill a few minutes ago that this config setting existed at all. I'll have a look at it, shouldn't be too difficult to make the plugin work with either setting.

regards
Timo

Timos-Welt

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Timos-Welt
« Reply #141 on: September 16, 2008, 08:24:57 am »

One thing I forgot to ask you...when I right click on a picture, it closes it the same way it does when I left click on it! I don't know why it does that, it's probably gonna confuse people that right click to save the picture to their computer! How can I make enlargeit stay open when right-clicking on the picture?

It absolutely depends on the browser and how it handles onclick events. Opera for example let's you freely save the pic and leaves it open, so does IE and displays the pic while saving it, but after that it'll close it though. Safari, Mozilla and Chrome shrink the pic on right click, but Chrome and Mozilla will save the pic correctly if you select the corresponding menu item even if the pic as vanished long ago, while Safari will not let you save it at all. Life is beautiful.  ;D

I'd recommend to show the full size version as pop-up window if you want your visitors to download the pics. That way it works in every browser.

Lolik

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #142 on: September 16, 2008, 11:35:55 am »

AFAIK ./albums/ is the standard location for the pic files?
Yes, this is standard location, but you can change it in Gallery Configuration (so did I for one of the galleries). It is stored in DB, and you can retrieve it with $CONFIG['fullpath']

ronronmx

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #143 on: September 16, 2008, 04:54:46 pm »

To be honest: I didn't even know untill a few minutes ago that this config setting existed at all. I'll have a look at it, shouldn't be too difficult to make the plugin work with either setting.

regards
Timo

Awesome, thx a lot for looking into it  ;)

ronronmx

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #144 on: September 16, 2008, 04:58:19 pm »

It absolutely depends on the browser and how it handles onclick events. Opera for example let's you freely save the pic and leaves it open, so does IE and displays the pic while saving it, but after that it'll close it though. Safari, Mozilla and Chrome shrink the pic on right click, but Chrome and Mozilla will save the pic correctly if you select the corresponding menu item even if the pic as vanished long ago, while Safari will not let you save it at all. Life is beautiful.  ;D

I'd recommend to show the full size version as pop-up window if you want your visitors to download the pics. That way it works in every browser.

Thx for the explanation! So many browsers....what a nightmare! Getting my site to work correctly in both IE and Firefox gave me gray hair....lol
I'm probably gonna follow your advice and show the full size version in a pop-up window then  ;)

Thx again for your time!
Stephane

Timos-Welt

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Timos-Welt
« Reply #145 on: September 16, 2008, 07:42:42 pm »

Just released v2.0 beta 12.

Changes since beta 11:
---------------------

- new feature: textured border
- fixed: plugin didn't work if config setting 'Use thumb dimension' was not 'Max Aspect'
- fixed: plugin didn't work if config setting 'thumbnail prefix' was not 'thumb_'
- fixed: plugin didn't work if config setting 'album directory' was not set to 'albums/'
- fixed: plugin didn't work if config setting 'prefix for intermediate' was not set to 'normal_'
   (please note: the maximize button will still not be available if it's not 'normal_' - that's life!)

Please make sure to correctly uninstall any previous version before installing this beta, and empty your browser cache when done!

Have fun!
Timo

jdsmith

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #146 on: September 16, 2008, 09:30:37 pm »

Thanks so much for working on the comment function - I appreciate your time.

When I click the comment icon, the comment window opens.  I type a comment and when I click the "ok" button it takes me out of the enlargeit style viewing and back to my original method (one image with a row of thumbnails beneath).  I'm not sure what should happen when the "OK" button is clicked, but I assume it would go back to the enlargeit image view or say "comment added" or something...

thanks again

Timos-Welt

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Timos-Welt
« Reply #147 on: September 16, 2008, 09:36:22 pm »

Please note regarding the comment AJAX snippet: No smileys yet, no edit button yet, no report to admin button yet, posted comments will be redirected to the intermediate page, layout is taken from CPG theme instead of enl_styles.css, no Captcha support yet. This feature is simply NOT ready for productive usage. I was begged a lot to release this by some users, because they really really want this and need this - see if you can live with it as it is, and please report in this thread if it works for you. I simply don't know when I'll have the time to complete it. Therefore I recommend to not upload enl_comment.php and enl_addcomment.php to your server, and leave the setting for comment button set to 'No'. Thanks for understanding.

regards
Timo

uglycars

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #148 on: September 17, 2008, 12:07:45 am »

anyway to make this work with the  copy/ paste bbcode img URL below intermediate image v1.1 mod/hack?

ronronmx

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #149 on: September 17, 2008, 06:38:03 am »

Just released v2.0 beta 12.

Changes since beta 11:
---------------------

- new feature: textured border
- fixed: plugin didn't work if config setting 'Use thumb dimension' was not 'Max Aspect'
- fixed: plugin didn't work if config setting 'thumbnail prefix' was not 'thumb_'
- fixed: plugin didn't work if config setting 'album directory' was not set to 'albums/'
- fixed: plugin didn't work if config setting 'prefix for intermediate' was not set to 'normal_'
   (please note: the maximize button will still not be available if it's not 'normal_' - that's life!)

Please make sure to correctly uninstall any previous version before installing this beta, and empty your browser cache when done!

Have fun!
Timo

Timo, great work! Now enlargeit works perfectly with thumbs set to Height, Width or Max Aspect! I was so happy when I saw your post! Thx a lot for looking into this so quickly!!!

Stephane

jdsmith

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #150 on: September 17, 2008, 02:51:16 pm »

sorry - I read your comment disclaimer but the "posted comments will be redirected to the intermediate page" part didn't register with me I guess.  My apologies...

Farnsi

• LocalSupporter
  • Coppermine frequent poster
« Reply #151 on: September 17, 2008, 03:41:09 pm »

Hallo Timo,
after deinstalling the previous version and installing the current version the enlargeitfeature only works for the imageflow not for thumbnails. after downgrading to your 2.0 beta 8 everything works as expected, again.
sadly the newer betas are always being deleted by you, so the beta8 was the last one i had on my hdd.
using FF3 and IE7.
Grüße, Farnsi
Regards,
Farnsi

tpr

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #152 on: September 17, 2008, 06:02:46 pm »

Hi,
The plugin does not seem to work, tried both version (current and the beta).
Have a look at :
http://www.yehida.co.il/gallery/index.php
when the plugin is enabled i can not press the images at all (nothing happens). though, when i use enable sef the images open regularly
please advise

Timos-Welt

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Timos-Welt
« Reply #153 on: September 17, 2008, 06:19:05 pm »

Hi,
The plugin does not seem to work, tried both version (current and the beta).
Have a look at :
http://www.yehida.co.il/gallery/index.php
when the plugin is enabled i can not press the images at all (nothing happens). though, when i use enable sef the images open regularly
please advise

When trying to access http://www.yehida.co.il/gallery/plugins/enlargeit/js/enlargeit.js your server tells me that he doesn't want me to. Same happens to the visitor. That's the whole problem.

Timos-Welt

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Timos-Welt
« Reply #154 on: September 17, 2008, 06:20:09 pm »

Hallo Timo,
after deinstalling the previous version and installing the current version the enlargeitfeature only works for the imageflow not for thumbnails. after downgrading to your 2.0 beta 8 everything works as expected, again.
sadly the newer betas are always being deleted by you, so the beta8 was the last one i had on my hdd.
using FF3 and IE7.
Grüße, Farnsi

Hi Farnsi,

please install the latest beta again and drop me a link to your gallery.

regards
Timo

tpr

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #155 on: September 17, 2008, 06:32:55 pm »

When trying to access http://www.yehida.co.il/gallery/plugins/enlargeit/js/enlargeit.js your server tells me that he doesn't want me to. Same happens to the visitor. That's the whole problem.

I bow to your wisdom ;), thanks mate really quick replay and works perfectly now.

Got another question though - any chance for a cpmfetch integration ? currently it redirects me to the intermediate picture and then open the full size regularly (as im guessing the plugin does not deal with the intermediate view).
I don't mind going to the intermediate view, i just want the full size to open nicely ^^

Timos-Welt

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Timos-Welt
« Reply #156 on: September 17, 2008, 06:48:38 pm »

Just released v2.0 beta 14.

Changes since beta 12:
---------------------

- comment snippet now works as expected

I think we're close to a release candidate...  ;D

Have fun!
Timo

jdsmith

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #157 on: September 17, 2008, 09:25:16 pm »

Not sure what I'm doing wrong now - I click the comment icon, comment window opens, I type comment , click "OK" and it says I need to enter name and comment.  www.jerrysmithphoto.com/cpg  user "test" password "test", go to "Kelly Betsy" Category.

Timos-Welt

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Timos-Welt
« Reply #158 on: September 17, 2008, 09:33:29 pm »

Reproduced here, I'll have a look into it - you can safely delete your test user if you like. :)

Thanks for your report, and thanks for giving me a test account and link to your gallery together with it.  ;)

Timos-Welt

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Timos-Welt
« Reply #159 on: September 17, 2008, 09:53:54 pm »

Just released v2.0 beta 15.

Changes since beta 14:
---------------------

- fixed: registered users couldn't post comments *sigh*

Have fun!
Timo
« Last Edit: September 17, 2008, 10:41:52 pm by Timos-Welt »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 ... 25   Go Up

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 19 queries.