Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Solved]: New Install - Copy Old Albums  (Read 7407 times)

wagb278

• Coppermine newbie
[Solved]: New Install - Copy Old Albums
« on: June 15, 2008, 10:39:43 pm »

I have Coppermine version 1.4.14(stable) running on one (old) computer.  I now have a new computer and want to install 1.4.18 on the new computer and copy the albums (and whatever files are needed) to the new install.  Can someone confirm my sequence before I try it?

I should save the following from the existing installation:
  • Dump the database (mysqldump)
  • ./include/config.inc.php
  • ./anycontent.php
  • Entire Albums folder (and subs)

Install version 1.4.18 on the new computer.  Install script should build the database.
Overwrite the just installed database with the saved one to populate with my existing data.
Then overwrite the just installed config.inc.php and anycontent.php files with the saved ones.
Then overwrite the just installed ./albums directory and subdirectories with the saved files.

Does this sequence sound correct?

The new installation will be going onto a Ubuntu 8.04 (64-bit) machine with PHP5.2.4, new versions of Apache2, and MySQL 5.051.  I assume these are compatible with Coppermine 1.4.18 - right?

Thanks
« Last Edit: July 11, 2008, 07:32:19 am by Joachim Müller »

just_some_guy

• Supporter
  • Coppermine addict
  • I am currently on holiday, back in a few weeks. :D
Re: New Install - Copy Old Albums
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2008, 11:20:00 pm »

Whats wrong with just updating the 1.4.14 gallery and then copying it and the database accross to the new PC?
That method should work, although i advise you make a backup of the gallery & database beforehand.

The new installation will be going onto a Ubuntu 8.04 (64-bit) machine with PHP5.2.4, new versions of Apache2, and MySQL 5.051.  I assume these are compatible with Coppermine 1.4.18 - right?

That sounds fine.
Tambien, Hablo Español      PHP - Achieve Anything
"The Internet is becoming the town square for the global village of tomorrow. " - Bill Gates
Windows 7 Forums

wagb278

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2008, 10:24:14 pm »

Thanks;  I thought of that but would prefer to retain the functioning Coppermine to compare against.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2008, 07:53:20 am »

Then copy the old stuff from the old server to the new one and then perform an upgrade on the new server. This way you can compare both (although comparison doesn't make much sense, as there are no new features, but only bugfixes).
Did I mention that self-hosting is not recommended at all?

dafire

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2008, 09:33:47 am »

I think my question is similar. I was looking for the upgrade, but I'm down at version 1.2.1.
I have fantastico on my host which installs and upgrades if you catch them on time....well, yeah, I didn't. and now my gallery upload isn't working at all.

I made a fresh install of 1.4.16 to a new directory. How do I get the albums moved to this new gallery/db? Is this more of a db question?

Thanks a bunch for anyone that can give me suggestions, or at least of where to look.

Also, I still have the old copy and old db too, the only upgrade i've seen is from 1.3 and higher.

Thanks!

Nibbler

dafire

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2008, 04:15:37 am »

Read the manual.

Upgrading from cpg1.1.x, cpg1.2.x or cpg1.3.x to version cpg1.4.x

oh thank you thank you!! :) I did do a search, I swear! :) thanks again!

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 19 queries.