Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Absolutely no way to keep gallery users after bridging forum?  (Read 4757 times)

stardust

• Coppermine novice

I just wanted a confirmation on this. I've been reading that once you brige a forum, existing gallery users + comments will be lost. I want to integrate a SMF to my gallery, but I don't want the gallery users and their comments to be gone. Now I know there's a coppermine forum plugin that won't remove users; but I like the features SMF has & would like to use that more.

So I referred to my gallery database & pulled information of my "testing" account & added it accordingly to the SMF I installed. I could log into the forum with the gallery account info & everything. But I couldn't visit the gallery directly as the user; I'd have to sign in again in the gallery.

I'm wondering what more needs to be done for me to successfully access the gallery while I'm logged in the forum?
or if, in the future, Coppermine ever plans to find a way to keep gallery users while bridging a forum?

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
Re: Absolutely no way to keep gallery users after bridging forum?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2008, 10:54:18 am »

http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,20391.msg93490.html#msg93490

that's for cpg 1.3 and won't work for 1.4 out of the box. But you'll see how it works.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 19 queries.