Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Version Check - Writable problems, no custom theme  (Read 6098 times)

ShiversOfHorror

• Coppermine regular visitor
Version Check - Writable problems, no custom theme
« on: May 27, 2008, 04:42:24 am »

After upgrade from 1.4.16 to 1.4.18 from Fantastico.

Files left over from outdated Coppermine version:  1 - I am going to assume that is anycontent.php

also, i notice a lot of files are listed as:

writable. This is an unnecessary risk, coppermine only needs read/execute access.

I assume versioncheck wouldn't lie, and all that were listed with this "error" should be changed so they only have read/execute access.

However, its been so darn long since I've done a CHMOD that I'm not sure what # it should be, most are already 755. With all checked for user, Read/Execute checked for the rest. If I do 777 that gives all access to rwx. So, I would assume that coppermine wants me to uncheck write for users. Leaving me with 555 for permissions.

For example, the directory/folder Bridge is listed as being writable in VersionCheck, and in my File Manager it is listed as 755. Do I want to change that to 555?

Also, I notice in VersionCheck that my 1 and only custom theme is not listed there, is this normal? Should i be worried its not there?

François Keller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka Frantz
    • Ma galerie
Re: Version Check - Writable problems, no custom theme
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2008, 07:09:54 am »

read the coppermine 1.5.* doc http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg15x/docs/auto-installers.htm to understand why you must not use autoinstaller to upgrade.
This part of the doc can be applied to the 1.4.* versions
Avez vous lu la DOC ? la FAQ ? et cherché sur le forum avant de poster ?
Did you read the DOC ? the FAQ ? and search the board before posting ?
Mon Blog

Hein Traag

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • A, B, Cpg
    • Personal website - Spintires.nl
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2008, 11:52:35 am »

For example:

Fantastico installs 1.4.16 at the moment. When 1.4.18 is the latest and most secure version avaible.

ShiversOfHorror

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2008, 07:32:50 pm »

The doc says:

But do not worry: we won't leave you unsupported. Usually, you don't have to un-install your auto-installed Coppermine gallery and re-install our version; just perform an upgrade as suggested in the upgrade section of the documentation (even though the version number of your auto-installed gallery appears to be the same as they most recent "original" Coppermine package) and you should be fine.

Therefore, since I upgraded from Fantastico (1.4.16) to 1.4.18 I should be okay...

ShiversOfHorror

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2008, 07:37:20 pm »

Okay, so I just thought of something.

Would I be better off backing up my albums folder and custom template, deleting my install, and reinstalling from a package rather then Fantastico?

The only problem with this is that I'm still stuck on dial up, and downloading and then reuploading my album folder could take days, as I have over 1400 files and 200 take roughly 4+ hrs to upload  :-[
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 19 queries.