Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Upgrading and UTF-8  (Read 5503 times)

tpr

• Coppermine novice
Upgrading and UTF-8
« on: May 04, 2008, 09:31:38 pm »

Hi guys,
I'm trying to upgrade an old coppermine 1.1 (bridged with phpnuke) to the current coppermine (latest version) - without any bridge (being dumped).
While the upgrade works, the old charset (windows-1225) gets trashed when the gallery moves to UTF-8.
I tried to find a solution to this in the forums but came up empty handed so far.
As far as i cant tell theres a command - set name(utf-8) which, if added to the right place in the coppermine files will force the mysql output to use utf-8. Any idea where to place this ?
or better yet, how do i set my charset correctly ?

Thanks,
Guy N.

Nibbler

Re: Upgrading and UTF-8
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2008, 10:14:43 pm »

You should convert the contents of your db to unicode. charsetmgr.php should be able to do this for you.

tpr

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2008, 08:35:54 pm »

The content of the db is in utf8 - at least as far as i can tell.
The db, table and columns are set for utf8, phpmyadmin is able to display hebrew correctly while using utf8 and finally when i export the sql its on utf8.
Any other explanation might help ?
how do i check whats the charset/collation connection is ? i'm assuming the problem lays there.

Please advise.
Guy

tpr

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2008, 08:40:04 pm »

One other thing i wanted to point out.
I tried using charsetmgr.php to fix the problem however the script is unable to display the text correctly no matter the settings.
This is extremely odd as phpmyadmin display the text correctly.

Again,
Please advise.

Guy N.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 19 queries.