Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 [18] 19   Go Down

Author Topic: Coppermine Forum Plugin (cpgforum)  (Read 513192 times)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Coppermine Forum Plugin (cpgforum)
« Reply #340 on: January 07, 2010, 09:05:38 am »

Installed your forum and it is great except I have set it so visitors cannot access it. Problem on the login page.. you can access it.
www.maritimefly.com  Any help will be appreciated.
Hard to say without a non-admin test user account... ::)

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #341 on: January 07, 2010, 02:32:06 pm »

How I can let to show an Avatar Gallery where my members could choose on of them?
Thank you  ???
It's not possible. Your users have to upload their avatars themselves.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #342 on: January 07, 2010, 02:35:51 pm »

Hi,
Installed your forum and it is great except I have set it so visitors cannot access it. Problem on the login page.. you can access it.
www.maritimefly.com  Any help will be appreciated.
Add
Code: [Select]
if (!USER_ID) cpg_die(ERROR, 'You need to register to access this page', __FILE__, __LINE__);to the end of forum.php in the gallery root.

horseshoes

• Coppermine novice
    • Sunday Drives in Nova Scotia
« Reply #343 on: January 07, 2010, 07:01:10 pm »

Hi sorry forgot to leave this for you. Just do not want the forum page to be showing up through  login page . Thanks.

u name= tester
pw= 123$%^

horseshoes

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #344 on: January 07, 2010, 07:17:52 pm »

Hi sorry forgot to leave this for you. Just do not want the forum page to be showing up through  login page . Thanks.

u name= tester
pw= 123$%^

Please ignore previous.
this Code below:

if (!USER_ID) cpg_die(ERROR, 'You need to register to access this page', __FILE__, __LINE__);

to the end of forum.php in the gallery root.  solved it

So  Αndré and Joachim Müller thank you for your time.

horseshoes

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #345 on: January 07, 2010, 07:58:38 pm »

Hi again. Tested the Forgot password and every email sent did not have the 'click link'activated .  Had to copy/paste even though it said to click. 
www.maritimefly.com

User name= tester
pw=123$%^

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #346 on: January 07, 2010, 08:21:08 pm »

Hi again. Tested the Forgot password and every email sent did not have the 'click link'activated .  Had to copy/paste even though it said to click.

Which emails do you mean? The emails sent when there's a new post in a topic have clickable links for example.

horseshoes

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #347 on: January 07, 2010, 08:31:17 pm »

Which emails do you mean? The emails sent when there's a new post in a topic have clickable links for example.

No I mean the emails sent when you click on 'forgot my password' and they send you 1 email with link and then the second email with the password
ex:You have requested a new password. If you would like to proceed with having a new password sent to you, click on the following link: http://maritimefly.com/forgot_passwd.php?key=7db5e0xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxd=2

2nd:Here is the new password you requested: Username: xxxxxxxxx Password: xxxxxxxxxx Click http://maritimefly.com/login.php to log in.

The links shown are not clickable? Need to be copied and pasted.  My mail program allows clicks, so it is not my mail settings on pc.

horseshoes

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #348 on: January 07, 2010, 08:41:27 pm »

I just realized that it is with Coppermine gallery, not the forum Plugin. Sorry. I will have to go and find another topic or board to find solution. Sorry, my mistake. Thanks anyways.

xFyrios

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #349 on: January 27, 2010, 04:50:57 am »

So one things bugging me here. The stupid winking smilie isn't working on my install of the forum  ???

Its not that big of a deal its just annoying having a blank square there instead of it. Is this specific to me and is there any way of fixing it?
Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Here's a link the the forum: http://images.pretomeuploads.net/forum.php

Test Account
Username: Test
Password: Test

xFyrios

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #350 on: January 27, 2010, 04:57:59 am »

Correction

Password: test
(t not capitalized)

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #351 on: January 27, 2010, 08:53:11 am »

Upload images/smiles/icon_wink.gif to your gallery.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 09:56:18 am by Αndré »

xFyrios

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #352 on: January 27, 2010, 09:02:36 am »

Thanks Andre :)

I knew it had to be something easy, just couldn't seem to figure it out.
Now just to go find the corresponding smiley....

Vinicius Machado

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #353 on: February 11, 2010, 05:12:55 pm »

Hi, I've already installed that plugin. Thats really great. But I need some help. At the main page of the Forum, I'd like to change the color of the Category Names. How Can I do This ? I can change every color but the category name.

I'd like something like the class=tableh1 not tableh2. Like white and bold

Regards,

Vinicius Machado

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #354 on: February 11, 2010, 07:54:36 pm »

Hi, I've already installed that plugin. Thats really great. But I need some help. At the main page of the Forum, I'd like to change the color of the Category Names. How Can I do This ? I can change every color but the category name.

I'd like something like the class=tableh1 not tableh2. Like white and bold

Regards,

Vinicius Machado
http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,55415.msg270616.html#msg270616

Vinicius Machado

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #355 on: February 11, 2010, 08:05:33 pm »

Sorry André,

I didn't post the link 'Cause I thought I was clear enougth, but Anyway thats the link of my Forum:

http://www.viniciusmachado.com/crisevini/album/forum.php

Look at the First Category Name "Regras do Fórum" thas is in blue. So I'd like to change it to white bold.

I have translated to Brazilian Portuguese, so as soon I check everything i will post here the files...

CYa

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #356 on: February 11, 2010, 09:03:37 pm »

Okay now I know what you mean :) I'll look at it tomorrow hopefully. Thanks for your report.

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #357 on: February 11, 2010, 09:09:08 pm »

Let me show you why we need a link and how it helps us help you.

First thing I see is that you are an honest chap and have left the credits to coppermine and stramm in place. I also see that you are using the stramm modpack which can in many cases affect the outcome.

I also see that you are using version 1.4.24 of copermine and that you really should upgrade immediately (current release is 1.4.26). I also see that you have customised the classic theme and renamed it to vini. This makes upgrading easier for you. Many don't bother which makes their theme upgrading harder so well done. It also makes it more ovbious that you are putting in the effort to read the docs.

Anyway, I digress. So now I have you link open in Firefox and with one click I open the firebug plugin and then click on the inspect element button. I then click on the item you want changed and it tells me straight away that this element is controlled by style.css line 132 onwards. I can also see that this same element of the css controls some other items. With Firebug (google it) I can even change those things live to see what happens. As you don't say if you are happy for those ither items to change too, what you want to happen when you put the mouse over that item etc I cannot help further but you have a good starting point. All this is basic css but if you want to control just those menu items then we would need to look further and adjust theme.php.

So as you can see, in under 1 minute a lot can be learned from a simple link. Without it we are firing in the dark. We may have to resort to installing this plugin for ourselves  just for a simple css change. Supporters are much less likely to go to that effort especially when the person requesting help doesn't go the the effort themselves and understand and obey our simple rules. They are there to help everyone, not to just be annoying.

Sorry if this post seems directed at you, we appreciate your politeness and willingness to help. It is just that I have had to ask for a link more times than I can remember just this last week. We look forward to your translation. It is often hard to get people to translate. We are finding this especially slow for the forthcoming CPG 1.5.x for which we are lacking many language files such as Brazillian ;)
« Last Edit: February 11, 2010, 09:22:20 pm by Phill Luckhurst »
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Vinicius Machado

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #358 on: February 11, 2010, 10:01:55 pm »

Thank you very much. First of all I will upgrade to 1.4.26 as soon as possible. Infact Im using the 1.4.25 , I have no idea why its showing 1.4.24.

You opened my mind man, I have never used other browser than IE, and I've just installed the Firefox and its really great. At the same time I've learned about the Firebug, thats an excellent plugin and will help me a lot.

Well, I've tried to change online at the firebug but the result was not so good for me, cause every text from Category name to up becames white and was not a good idea. Maybe I have to change something at theme.php but I have know idea what and where...

The file attatched has all brazilian portuguese translations, but I need another help. I don't know if you can see, but Im using thes files under the english folder, 'cause I don't know what do I have to change to use the Brazilian Portuguese folder.

And don't worry if it seems direct at me, 'cause every information is always welcome and also Ive learned a lot as well. My english is not so good and Im very newbie at PHP, but Im improving a lot at this Forum.

Best Regards,

Vinicius Machado

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #359 on: February 11, 2010, 10:16:55 pm »

What you will need to do is create a class for those headers and copy the relavent section from the sample theme into your custom theme and apply that class there. As this is going off topic to the thread please start a new thread in the themes secion of the board. Include a link to your post in this thread, a link to your gallery and possibly zip your vini theme folder and attach it to your post.

I'll not have time tonight as I have other stuff to do but if nobody else picks up on it I will take a look tomorrow (it is nearly 10pm here).

Thanks for your contribution.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 [18] 19   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 20 queries.