Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Imageflow (coverflowish JS animation)  (Read 203532 times)

Megachip

• Coppermine novice
Re: Imageflow (coverflowish JS animation)
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2008, 02:44:58 pm »

Hello Timos-Welt,

I think it would be nice to have the possibility, to set the heigth of the imageflow

Regards

Meg

Timos-Welt

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Timos-Welt
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2008, 08:23:05 pm »

Hi Megachip,

please update to v1.4, this should fix most height issues (and highly improves image quality!).

Have fun!  ;)
Timo

hobert

• Contributor
  • Coppermine novice
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2008, 05:43:32 pm »

When you choose to place it into the theme's tables, and force/change the upper border positively (in my case, +75), the table background goes wonky (see example).  Also, when you use a set width, if it's less than the normal table, it happens on the sides as well.

http://www.hobert.net/gallery

This is looking better and better each time!

Timos-Welt

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Timos-Welt
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2008, 08:23:21 pm »

Had to look up wonky in die dictionary (according to dict.leo.org, this should mean "schief, schwach, wachelig" if other germans read this hehe). I fail to reproduce what you mean; in the end, what I see is just an Imageflow effect that's moved down 75px and works as intended. The table background color of the Max OSX theme isn't that beautiful; I'd probably place it outside a table in this case.

http://www.hobert.net/gallery/index.php?cat=4&theme=fruity is not as red for example. ;)

Have fun,
Timo

Edit: Tried again looking for that bug. Now I can reproduce it, but only with IE and certain skins; other browsers like Firefox or Opera work just fine, same is true for other skins in IE (e. g. igames - http://www.hobert.net/gallery/index.php?theme=igames ). Is this correct? If yes, I will have a closer look at it.

BTW: Some pics in your gallery cannot be displayed in Imageflow correctly because you use special (forbidden) characters in file names like spaces. Best solution would be to use valid file names, but I'll have a look at it for future versions. I know the problem; earlier versions of Coppermine did allow these characters indeed, newer versions don't.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2008, 12:44:28 am by Timos-Welt »

lurkalot

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
  • +Tinyportal Support team.
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2008, 11:33:27 pm »

Timos,

Thanks for doing all this work.   Have you made the pics smaller in version 1.4? they don't seem as big. :(
Running SMF 2.1.4  / Tinyportal 3.0.0, bridged with Coppermine 1.6.25, plus cpmfetch 2.0.0

Timos-Welt

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Timos-Welt
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2008, 12:32:10 am »

Hi lurkalot,

version 1.4 displays pics in portait format (height > width) a little bit smaller to ensure that pics even in format 2:3 don't overlap the top border of the imageflow DIV and cover menu buttons or other contents of the page. The size of pics in landscape format (width > height) is the same as in the previous versions. IMO that's quite sensible, because if pics in portait format would be displayed with the same width as pics in landscape format, there would be a huge amount of wasted space when displaying the latter. One shouldn't see it as shrinking of portrait mode pics, but rather as an enlargement of landscape mode pics to better use the given space.

Sorry, I can't make this optional, because the beautiful new algorithm to scale pic sizes exactly when using fixed pixel value as Imageflow width wouldn't work anymore. I hope you can live with it.

regards
Timo

lurkalot

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
  • +Tinyportal Support team.
« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2008, 01:07:59 am »

Timo, thanks

That explains it perfectly for me, and I'm well happy with it.  I just thought it looked different but couldn't see how.  Pics look great in this one. ;)

Thanks again.  ;)

Mick
Running SMF 2.1.4  / Tinyportal 3.0.0, bridged with Coppermine 1.6.25, plus cpmfetch 2.0.0

bigarte

• Coppermine newbie
  • Oz Sapper
    • Free Windows Wallpapers
« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2008, 03:02:40 pm »

Thanks for a great plug-in Timos-Welt.  Worked for me first time after following your instructions (which are clear and precise).  Keep up the great work mate.

Hein Traag

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • A, B, Cpg
    • Personal website - Spintires.nl
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2008, 09:42:24 pm »

Timos you might want to add the Highslide plugin to the list of plugins that does not work together with this one.

Maybe build in a check which gives the user a alert when a non-compatible plugin is already installed ?

Cheers
Hein

Timos-Welt

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Timos-Welt
« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2008, 09:54:35 pm »

Hi Hein,

Highslide works perfectly together with ImageFlow, assumed that you use both latest versions (HS 3.03, Imageflow 1.4). Look at my demo gallery, where Highslide, ImageFlow and Slider live together in peace and harmony:  ;)

http://cpgdev.timos-welt.de/cpg1416

regards
Timo

Hein Traag

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • A, B, Cpg
    • Personal website - Spintires.nl
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2008, 10:24:24 pm »

Typical PEBKAC

Updated and working fine once again :)

Megachip

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2008, 04:37:41 pm »

Hello Timo,

some problems, wishes...

If i set the width to 100%, all the pictures are "verpixelt" (don't know the english word). Possible of cause the display resolution (1920x1200).

Also it would be nice, to have the possibility to set a max high, because of this huge resolution, the imageflow is really big.

Thank you very much

Regards

Timos-Welt

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Timos-Welt
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2008, 11:53:10 pm »

If i set the width to 100%, all the pictures are "verpixelt" (don't know the english word). Possible of cause the display resolution (1920x1200).
Also it would be nice, to have the possibility to set a max high, because of this huge resolution, the imageflow is really big.

Hi Megachip,

thanks for your feedback.

To improve image quality in 100% mode for very big screen resolutions, first step would be to set the corresponding paramter (reflect images have % size of original image) to 100%. If this still isn't enough, open codebase.php and find the line

Code: [Select]
$imageflow_file="albums/".$imageflow_row['filepath'].$CONFIG['normal_pfx'].$imageflow_row['filename'];and change to
$imageflow_file="albums/".$imageflow_row['filepath'].$imageflow_row['filename'];
This will greatly improve image quality for very high screen resolutions at the cost of greatly increased loading times - there's nothing free in this world.  :-[

Please note, that I recommend to use a fixed pixel size value for Imageflow width for best possible image quality at quickest loading times. See README.TXT.

Regarding the space the animation needs: This is not my script, see the credits section in initial post of this thread. I am not interested in creating a development branch of the original Imageflow.js, but I'll take what Finn (the developer) delivers and improve it as far as I can without too much work.

regards
Timo

Timos-Welt

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Timos-Welt
« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2008, 11:59:01 pm »

Just released v1.7. Feedback is very welcome (as always), so are additional language files (only english and german at the moment).

Have fun!  ;)
Timo

ngul

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2008, 05:27:58 pm »

Hi Timos, for me don't work!!  ???

I see only images disposed in column but not like in your demo-website....

Maybe theme problem? I use dm_legend with installed highslide v.3.03, slider and onlinestats plugins.

I've tried 1.5 and latest version, deactivated EnlargeIT, modified various parameters, deactivated  all other plugins..... but same problem.

Solution?

ngul

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2008, 05:48:06 pm »

Italian language attached....some words not translated.  :-\

Rename file in italian.php

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2008, 06:40:51 pm »

The plugin v1.7 doesn't work as expected on my testbed (cpg1.4.18 on Windows XP with Apache2 and GD2.0.34), see screenshot. No interfering plugins, no mods, using the classic theme. Doing a right-click, properties on one of the missing files shows the url http://mytestbed.tld/my_coppermine_folder/plugins/imageflow/js/reflect.php?bgc=000000&fixed=870&cache=0&img=albums/userpics/10001/normal_flower.jpg
Pasting that URL into the address bar of the browser returns
Cannot find or read source image
, which is expected behaviour, since the original file is smaller in terms of resolution than the dimensions set for intermediate images - there is no file http://mytestbed.tld/my_coppermine_folder/albums/userpics/10001/normal_flower.jpg, but only http://mytestbed.tld/my_coppermine_folder/albums/userpics/10001/flower.jpg. This being said, the plugin doesn't seem to take into account the possible config options (originals being smaller than the intermediate size), so it's looking into the wrong spot. Don't take for granted that an intermediate sized file exists just because the resolution is smaller than anticipated. If you're not sure, perform a file_exists
Am I missing something, or is this a genuine bug of the plugin?

Joachim

Timos-Welt

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Timos-Welt
« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2008, 07:14:09 pm »

Hello Joachim and ngul,

thanks a lot for your feedback.

Since v1.7, the plugin uses
$imageflow_file=get_pic_url($imageflow_row,$IMAGEFLOWSET['imageflow_pictype']);to get the pic url, where $IMAGEFLOWSET['imageflow_pictype'] is the value you set yourself in the plugin settings (either normal or fullsize). You can find this at line 187 or 251 of codebase.php.

I am a bit shocked - up to now I didn't think that get_pic_url($pic_row,'normal') had to be checked or sanitized in any way. So what you say is that this function will only deliver the url if an intermediate size pic is generated, and if not, it will deliver nothing or a link to a non-existent intermediate pic? What do you suggest to replace it with?

TIA
Timo

Timos-Welt

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Timos-Welt
« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2008, 07:22:13 pm »

Hello ngul,

a link to your gallery would be nice to make sure that it's the same problem Joachim encountered.

TIA
Timo

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2008, 07:57:27 am »

is the value you set yourself in the plugin settings (either normal or fullsize). You can find this at line 187 or 251 of codebase.php.
As I said, this is not an option - you could of course pick the full-size pic to be used, but that would not be a bright idea - as I said, someone might have uploaded a file that is smaller than the intermediate dimensions; others might upload the max allowed dimensions, so the imageflow strip might be a mixture of both. Using the full-size in that setup would slow down the imageflow considerably. What I suggest is performing some if/then checking in the plugin's core if an intermediate exists and use that. Only if it doesn't exist, the full-sized should be used.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 8   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 20 queries.