Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Ultimate Three?  (Read 3191 times)

*zippo*

• Coppermine newbie
The Ultimate Three?
« on: January 07, 2008, 08:24:03 pm »

Hi

I am building a site that requires a photo gallery, forum and site login for member access for all. 

I have used Coppermine, YaBB, YaBB SE and SMF before but my usage has been small and skill level limited.  I have never used this combination so please remember that when flaming the newbie ;).  The question is:

I will be using coppermine.  What are your the "Other Two" (forum and site content managment system) that you would recommend?  I am aware that may be a 'how long is a piece of string' question but I would like an easy instalation, no mods and a uniform template for all three.

Any tips or tricks I would appriciate (including "use the search button" ;) point me in a general direction and I will go there honest)

Cheers

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: The Ultimate Three?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2008, 08:03:20 am »

The forum software we recommend is SMF. When bridging is enabled, the overall login (both for the forum as well as the coppermine gallery) is being handled by the app you bridged with (so in your case: SMF).
General tipp is to read the docs first: http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/index.htm#integrating
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 19 queries.