Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: help please  (Read 3331 times)

Frankieloum

help please
« on: December 12, 2007, 03:44:58 am »

ok I just paid to upgrade from free forums Jackal is moving my site tonight.
Chris a young man that I met on free forums installed a gallery for me
he installed 4images???? NOw I dont want it I want coppermine
Reason being it has when you want to comment on photos or upload photos the verification code letters BOX?
does anyone here know how I can make that not be there?
I have searched all back side?

also
its making me set permission to EVERY single person that joins just to let them comment or upload???
I dont want to have to do that?

so can anyone here help me by uninstalling 4images and installing coppermine PLEASE please please
here is my site so you can see what I mean www.makingmemoriesforyou.org/gallery
« Last Edit: December 12, 2007, 07:31:14 am by GauGau »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: help please
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2007, 07:30:59 am »

We're not familiar with 4images, so we can't help you with uninstalling. Usually, you just deleted all corresponding files on the webserver using your FTP app. Then you use your favorite database tool (usually phpMyAdmin, often comes bundled with your webhost's control panel) to get rid of the database tables that have been created by 4iamges.
But, generally speaking: you shouldn't have relied on someone else to set up 4images for you. They (4homepages, the group that provides 4images) have install instructions just as we have them. You better read their docs and search their boards if you have questions related to their app.
Reason being it has when you want to comment on photos or upload photos the verification code letters BOX?
That feature is called "captcha". It's usefull against spammers.
does anyone here know how I can make that not be there?
I'm convinced that there is an option in 4images to disable them. However, as suggested: ask 4images, not us.

its making me set permission to EVERY single person that joins just to let them comment or upload???
I dont want to have to do that?
Again: ask 4images, not us.

so can anyone here help me by uninstalling 4images and installing coppermine PLEASE please please
Don't expect to be spoon-fed: we provide documentation that explains how to install coppermine. Don't expect someone else to do your job - if the documentation for coppermine doesn't cover all your question, you better ask yourself if you're ready to run a gallery in the first place.

here is my site so you can see what I mean www.makingmemoriesforyou.org/gallery
That page is already coppermine-driven, so what's the actual question? Apparently you managed to set it up on your own. Marking thread as "invalid".

Frankieloum

Re: help please
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2007, 11:40:26 am »

please delete my questions from your site, Thank you.
I am sorry it just seems you are not in a very Admin helping way.
I will delete my acct here and get someone off the site to assist if I have further questions.
Have a good day, and again I am sorry I seem to bother you somehow
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 19 queries.