Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Fullscreen-Viewer/Slideshow Plugin w/flash - viewing photos without distraction  (Read 91786 times)

SaWey

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • SaWey.be

Nice one, found a bug though:
when in fullscreen and you click on the menu (to show the thumbnails), you can go back to the regular fulscreen by clicking the big image.
If you keep clicking that image, you only return halfly to the previous menu. (Picture only move down half the screen)

Also, you might implemet some preloading?

lol

• Coppermine newbie
    • купи

When i want install it I cant upload it through puginmenager.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2008, 08:53:07 pm by lol »

baerlichkeit

• Contributor
  • Coppermine novice
    • Meine Seite - Makrograf.com

Nice one, found a bug though:
when in fullscreen and you click on the menu (to show the thumbnails), you can go back to the regular fulscreen by clicking the big image.
If you keep clicking that image, you only return halfly to the previous menu. (Picture only move down half the screen)

Also, you might implemet some preloading?

Hi SaWey...

this was the tip i needed... i knew this happens from time to time, but your hint: "keep clicking that image" was the main problem... thank you, next version will come without this bug (well, I hope so  ;D)

By preloading you mean preloading the large photos? Because this will take some time in bigger galleries...

Anyway, good to hear, that you like it!

When i want install it I cant upload it through puginmenager.

Do you mean the first version called "fsslides"?

Andreas

lol

• Coppermine newbie
    • купи

Latest version, fsslides51.zip, when i want load fsslides.zip to my plugin window, i get message:
Code: [Select]
Critical error
There was an error copying the package to the plugins folder.

SaWey

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • SaWey.be

By preloading I mean just the next image when using the automatic slideshow, or maybe next and previous images?

lol

• Coppermine newbie
    • купи

Is it possible that will be a new version?

Pascal YAP

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Hello World :-)
    • CPG 1.5.x ExperiMental website

Be patient please, and wait a little !
At this time, the plugin is in BETA stage...

PYAP

baerlichkeit

• Contributor
  • Coppermine novice

Hello,

1. Preloading is a good idea, but right now I would have to rewrite a lot of code... Anyway, preloading is something i want to have in there, but still have to think about the realization...

2. The plugin will be released, when I'm happy with the result...  you can use the old version for now.

The new version is (well, at least for me) a new dimension, because I have much more code in there... you remember?

- theme engine
- new bitmap-resizing in the background
- Eye-candy
an more...

Andreas :)

SaWey

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • SaWey.be

Just a maybe-hint for the preloading:
You might use a placeholder that is offscreen to load the image in?

baerlichkeit

• Contributor
  • Coppermine novice

Hi,
right now I use one Image-Object and I'm overwriting it for every new Image... I know, that this is not the best way, but it worked "ok" for me. (remember, this is my first Flex-Experience ;))

The preloading will be using some sort of "image-array", as I already do it in the thumbs-view.

There is a very nice "bulk-loader" for as3. It does a very good job, and as far as I can say, the first release will preloade ;)

Thanks, Andreas
« Last Edit: February 05, 2008, 08:40:42 pm by baerlichkeit »

Vincs

• Coppermine regular visitor

I can't wait no more !
Realse it  ;D

baerlichkeit

• Contributor
  • Coppermine novice

Hi Vincs,
well, I'm afraid you have to wait some more days :-[ I'm very busy atm (final written examinations) and don't find enough time to complete it and sort out all bugs (at least the bugs I'm aware of)...

Nonetheless did I change some parts of the program... you can see the actual version here:

KLICK me

The thumbnails-view is now on the bottom of the fullscreen-view and i added a option to show/disable the nav-buttons at the intermediate view. Try it and you'll see what I mean.  ;) SWF-files are now supported, too. (the mouse-click image is an animated swf)

Andreas

VladiczeK

• Coppermine newbie

Am I stupid? :-)

You provide us some links every time new version appears, but for me, there's no link for preview! And when nobody points that, it probably means I am an idiot and need a link straight to preview or what, please. I am very interested in this function and I also want to see the development, but always only the page with huge PREVIEW appears but no action :-)

Thx for all!

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

The demo works as expected. If it doesn't work for you, there may be issues related to your client/browser setup.

baerlichkeit

• Contributor
  • Coppermine novice

Ok,
news :)

I made an basic plugin, working "ok" so far... it uses CpmFetch 2 to fetch the image data. (sorting the images wasn't that easy for a php-newbie like me :D)

Anyway, the program itself is not that stable atm. I'm still very busy here, so it takes some more time to release a version, not crashing time by time. (you will see what i mean, perhaps ;))

I created a demo-gallery for this (basic 1.4.16, only maxiMEE+CpmFetch added). As always, you'll need the newest flash-player.

Klick here for the demo-gallery

There is also a new config-page, running in the background of course. So I attached a screenshot.

So have fun and stay tuned
Andreas

baerlichkeit

• Contributor
  • Coppermine novice

Ok,
would be great to here, if it runs or crashes, or whatever ;)

Here is a new version (still not precaching large images, well, actually I don't know if i want the program to do that  ???)

A CPG with maxiMEE and

Updates:
  • new thumbnail view (computing the old one was way to expensive with a large number of images and failed)
  • Buttons etc hide automatically after 2 seconds
  • improved some visual effects

I would be very happy to hear something. :)

p.s.: What do you think about preloading the large images? Think of a large album with tons of huge images, i really don't know if that's a good idea.
btw: The Loader status on top of the screen will be fixed for images already loaded.

Vincs

It looks very nice!
But I think that if you have lots of picture in an album it will take a bit too long for loading every thumbnail...
It would be nice if you can see a full screen page of thumbnails and loading it when it's needed...
But it's already very good like this I think...

So release it :)

freeedy

• Coppermine novice

WOW!!! Its impresive what you have achieved with this plugin. Although I think that this final version takes longer to load the images than the others, but all the graphics and visual effects are excellent. The preloading Idea will be the best thing for albums with a lot of images.

I installed the first plugin that you release, and I realize that it cause some problems when you have videos in the gallery, it blocks the videos and dont let them to play, even appear. I wonder if this problem is already fixed, or it will always happen?

baerlichkeit

• Contributor
  • Coppermine novice

Thank you,
I will have my first exam next week, perhaps I will find some time after that to finish a first version.

Loading times: normally, they should depend on the images file size, only. But I will have a look at it.

Videos: yeah, videos. What I already did is including a SWF-loader (beside images). If maxiMEE finds an swf it loads it in another way, because it's not a bitmap. There is no playback control at the moment. But as I personally use no videos, that's not the issue/feature with the highest priority  :-\
For future version a fully working video/flv playback engine is planned, but I did not start working on that.

To fix the problem maxiMEE loads nothing and blocks a video: this should be possible with the plugin's php-code. If anyone has an idea how to implement a
"If the actual file is a video don't use maximee (in codebase.php) "-switch I will include it.

There is also a webpage coming, with an issue/bug tracker and all this modern stuff :D So stay tuned.

Andreas

Vincs

Hey !
A thing that could be greate to include in your project is another way to access to the "Fullscreen-Viewer/Slideshow Plugin w/flash" by the way of a link that enables you to browse the all album. And not to select a picture then put on full screen etc etc...

See you :)
Give us news of your release when you have.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.089 seconds with 19 queries.