Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Guess Game Plugin  (Read 28766 times)

foulu

• Contributor
  • Coppermine frequent poster
  • uhm
Guess Game Plugin
« on: October 26, 2008, 04:12:02 am »

Due to this work on freelance board:

http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,55154.0.html

Today, I release the guessgame plugin for coppermine. The file will be attach with this post:

How to install
-----------------
1. Download the archive. Unzip it to plugin directory. There are two folder guessgame & framework.
2. Go to plugin manager and active it.
3. I only tested the plugin with smf when bridge and it need this little modification
- Open bridge/smf10.inc.php
- Find
  'username' => 'userName',
  And add above
  'user_name' => 'userName',

Document
-------------
The man who hire me to make this wonderful plugin also write a guide to show how to use the mod. The link to the documen is:

http://picturepenzance.co.uk/mkportal/modules/coppermine/guess_game.html

If you have any question or some help, please post in this topic.

« Last Edit: October 30, 2008, 05:54:26 pm by foulu »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Guess Game Plugin
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2008, 12:18:06 pm »

Thanks both to you Foulu for coming up with the contribution and as well to Halfhidden for sponsoring the plugin. I think it's a milestone plugin, as it could be used to increase a gallery's popularity for community building sites.

This being said I would like to point out some flaws or issues that could use improvement here. Please don't take my criticism negative - I'm trying to come up with feedback meant to improve the plugin for the benefit of all.
There are some things that need sorting out: what happens if anonymous visitors (guests) comment on competition pics? I tested for myself and figured out that their comment won't be taken into account, so that's fine. However, you need to add this to the instructions: there will be issues if anonymous comments are allowed.
Another thing that doesn't work as expected is the button "Back to competition". If you wen to the "Award point to winner" page by mistake and try to go back by clicking on "back to competition", you close the competition and make the user winner who is selected in the dropwdown.
There are several other issues that leave room for optimization (like the translation).

To make sure that this doesn't seem like a rant I have modified the plugin and added the instructions page. See attachment.

Halfhidden

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2008, 02:25:14 pm »

Thanks for the input Joachim Müller, its always appreciated. I've added the need to be a registered user to participate in this game to the instructions on the original link posted by foulu.
Thanks also for clearing up the bugs. ;D

foulu

• Contributor
  • Coppermine frequent poster
  • uhm
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2008, 05:55:41 pm »

Thanks Joachim Müller, your modification are welcome. I did add your file to the started post  ;)

DigitalMind

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2009, 06:32:47 pm »

Hi Foulu,
  thanks for this.  I just started testing it out with a demotivational poster contest on demotivationalpics.com ...   I'll let you know how it goes!

LucaBrazi

• Coppermine newbie
    • Donkey Kong Game
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2010, 07:42:25 pm »

The guide is no more available!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 20 queries.