Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CSS & HTML in classic & sample theme  (Read 22677 times)

PLG

• Coppermine newbie
CSS & HTML in classic & sample theme
« on: November 11, 2007, 05:02:21 pm »

My apologies if there is another place for theme bugs.

This is not a bug per say. But to clear up a confusion. I newly installed CPG and I was making a custom theme. I spent 20 minutes figuring out where some whitespace was coming from although I am quite familiar with both CSS & HTML.

The conclusion was that in order to remove the white space I had to include some of the functions found in the sample.php into the theme and then disable the cellspacing tag that was placed there with value ="1".

In an attempt to be clear. For the future theme users of CPG, I think it would be a good idea to remove the cellspacing and cellpadding tags from the starttable() function and replace this with CSS tags of border-spacing and margins.
Therefore when someone is making a new theme they need not include those functions just to disable those attributes, but he/she can simply edit the CSS to change the whole look and feel.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2007, 08:14:36 am by GauGau »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: CSS & HTML in classic & sample theme
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2007, 08:14:22 am »

Agreed. Moving thread accordingly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 18 queries.