Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: PanoViewer PlugIn  (Read 44134 times)

Gianpaolo64

• Contributor
  • Coppermine newbie
    • GB Photo Gallery
PanoViewer PlugIn
« on: October 18, 2007, 11:32:52 pm »

I wrote a simple plugin to display panoramic images in the intermediate page of my photo gallery, maybe it can be useful for others. Here is a demo: http://www.bottin.com/cpg/displayimage.php?album=27&pos=1

It needs the pure player java applet, a free panoramic images viewer

Installation:
1.Copy PanoViewer folder to your plugins folder
2.Use plugin manager to install it
3.Download Pure Player for Java from http://www.immervision.com/en/multimedia/multimedia_download.php
4.Copy PurePlayer.jar to the PanoViewer folder

Usage:
Upload your images and ivp files to your gallery, when the plugin detects a jpeg
image with an associated ivp file (same file name but different file extension)
it will insert the pure player in the page for the intermediate image

Gianpaolo
« Last Edit: October 19, 2007, 08:10:41 am by GauGau »

just_some_guy

• Supporter
  • Coppermine addict
  • I am currently on holiday, back in a few weeks. :D
Re: PanoViewer PlugIn
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2007, 12:25:33 am »

Looks Fantastic! Good Work!
Tambien, Hablo Español      PHP - Achieve Anything
"The Internet is becoming the town square for the global village of tomorrow. " - Bill Gates
Windows 7 Forums

Hein Traag

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • A, B, Cpg
    • Personal website - Spintires.nl
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2007, 07:43:39 am »

A very nice plugin. Looks very good inside cpg.

Davide Renda

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "Lontano"
    • www.daviderenda.eu
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2007, 10:15:25 am »

Very nice work.
I would nevertheless focus your attention on the end user license of Pure Player. I've been reading through it and, point 3.1.2 states: "the Software is used from your client’s website in order for a third party to play directly from a web page the multimedia content you have created. By using the software on his website, your client must accept all terms of this EULA". On following point 3.2 "You may not alter, merge, modify, adapt or translate the Software, or decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble, or otherwise reduce the Software to a human-perceivable form." and at 3.6 "You may not use the Software in conjunction or linked in any way with but not limited to, other software, HTML code and/or Java scripts, to automate creation and edition of panoramic content for the use and benefits of third parties.".
I am probably simply paranoiac, but these points do not leave me quite happy using it.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2007, 11:44:18 am »

Lontano is right. Gianpaolo, you better try getting written consent of the author of component in question that it's OK to bundle it with your app.

Gianpaolo64

• Contributor
  • Coppermine newbie
    • GB Photo Gallery
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2007, 04:22:37 pm »

I am aware of the Pure Player license, if I understood it correctly they just wish to limit the use of the player to display panoramic images on a web site. Anyway I just sent an email to Immervision, I will let you know their answer.
Gianpaolo

rubenix

• Coppermine novice
    • Rubrenix Gallery
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2007, 07:08:16 pm »

i may look stupid here but need to ask how to create the ivp files in order to make this plug work?? thanks

Gianpaolo64

• Contributor
  • Coppermine newbie
    • GB Photo Gallery
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2007, 10:40:19 pm »

i may look stupid here but need to ask how to create the ivp files in order to make this plug work?? thanks

Pure player can play packaged IVP files or plain jpg files with a coupled ivp file that contains all the needed parameters. Packaged ivp files can only be prepared with Pure tools. IVP files with parameteres are Xml files so they can be prepared by hand with a text editor.
You can find the documentation of xml ivp files and some samples here: http://www.immervision.com/en/multimedia/multimedia_download.php (PURE Player for Java Documentation 1.02)

Gianpaolo

Gianpaolo64

• Contributor
  • Coppermine newbie
    • GB Photo Gallery
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2007, 10:43:26 pm »

Lontano is right. Gianpaolo, you better try getting written consent of the author of component in question that it's OK to bundle it with your app.

Here is the answer from Immervision:

Thank-you for contacting us with your concern.

If your plugin makes calls to PURE Player only to display panoramas to be
viewed and PURE Player has been downloaded by the owner of the web site, you
are not infringing the PURE Player for Java EULA.

Gianpaolo

bigarte

• Coppermine newbie
  • Oz Sapper
    • Free Windows Wallpapers
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2007, 01:09:30 pm »

Thanks for the update mate.  Looks like a nice plugin. Thanks for sharing. :)

Halfhidden

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2008, 03:18:58 pm »

Not sure if this topic has been abandoned or not... but here goes.
I've completed the instructions above and changed the file extensions in the config to allow ivp file extensions but on upload I get Forbidden file extension.
Obviously, I've missed something here. Anyone able to help.

Halfhidden

« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2008, 04:19:27 pm »

To update those who have read my post above. I used Nibblers filetype plugin to correct the problem uplaoding ivp files.

Halfhidden

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2008, 06:10:31 pm »

I experienced some problems getting the end result. So I thought I would share with you where I went wrong and how it was resolved in the hope that this will help others to use this fantastic plugin.

I completed the instruction above and then purchased a version of Pure Tolls (starter Kit). This is necessary to create the ivp files. Creating the file is easy enough, but for this to work with the plugin you must save the image as a packed ivp. The ivp file and the original jpg must have exactly the same file name (ie file1.jpg and file1.ivp)

My second mistake was uploading the file. I thought that this would be through the upload manager. No this has to be uploaded via batch uploads. You must upload the ivp and the jpg file via ftp, to the same folder and then go to the batch file manager. Choose the folder you uploaded the ivp and jpg files to and choose the jpg file tick box only (unpick the box next to the ivp file).
That's it! the file will run once clicked on.
Be aware of file sizes though, I found that files that are too big tend to crash the player at start up.
Special thanks to Gianpaolo64 for helping me. ;D

Also there is no need to use the file type plugin for this.

claude258

• Coppermine frequent poster
    • Album photos Brière
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2009, 08:56:12 pm »

I completed the instruction from Halfhidden above but I get a red X instead of the panorama.
http://claudebriere.net/coppermine/displayimage.php?album=75&pos=0

The ivp file and the original jpg have exactly the same file name (ie file1.jpg and file1.ivp).

Uploads were done via ftp, to the same folder. In FTP Manager I was not able to add the IVP file. Is that a filetype problem? I used the FileType Plugin to add ivp files but not sure if I got it right (MIME type =??, content type =??, associated player = ??).

Halfhidden

« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2009, 08:27:49 pm »

Two things.
1 you have java.io.IOException: open HTTP connection failed:http://claudebriere.net/coppermine/PurePlayer.class
so your pure player applet is corrupt and this is probably because of the way the file is handled through Coppermine.

2 Probably the reason why you have this error is because you did what I said not to do. DO NOT use Nibblers file type plugin or you'll likely get errors.

What ever you've don't so far scrap. and do the following.
un Install Nibblers file type plugin unless you have any other reason to use it.... before you do remove the plugin remove the IVP settings file you added with the tool.
You've already made your IVP's and Jpgs with the same names. Now upload both IVP's and jpgs to a folder on your server in the Coppermine>albums folder. You must use an ftp program to do this DO NOT use batch uploads or try to use any uploads other than ftp
Next go to admin and choose batch uploads and browse to the folder you uploaded with the ivp's and jps in. ONLY choose the jpg's DO NOT choose the ivp files (Coppermine Cannot handle this kind of file). That's it. The player will automatically know that when the jpg is called from Coppermine to replace the full size image with the IVP. But this will only happen if files have unique names, reside in the same folder (all ivp's and jpg's must be in the same folder) and the client has Java enabled on their computer.

This player needs no special MIME additions to operate fully.
Hope this helps ;D

claude258

• Coppermine frequent poster
    • Album photos Brière
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2009, 03:20:38 am »

Hello,

Thanks for your help!
I still have some problems...

I reinstalled the plugin.
I did what you said in 2.
I redownload the PurePlayer.jar from Immervision (zip file attachedf you want to check it) and copied PurePlayer.jar to the folder PanoViewer.
The JPG and IVP files were uploaded to the same album folder and only the JPG was added to an album via Coppermine FTP Manager.

Here is the link to the picture via Coppermine:
http://claudebriere.net/coppermine/displayimage.php?album=84&pos=31

Direct link:
http://claudebriere.net/coppermine/albums/nouvellesphotos56/panolun.jpg

Here are the locations of the files:
.../coppermine/albums/nouvellesphotos56/panolun.ivp
.../coppermine/albums/nouvellesphotos56/panolun.jpg
.../coppermine/plugins/PanoViewer/PurePlayer.jar
.../coppermine/plugins/PanoViewer/configuration.php
.../coppermine/plugins/PanoViewer/codebase.php

Is there something wrong? Am I missing something? I am confused....

Thanks
Claude
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 20 queries.