Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: HTML Embedding Plugin  (Read 74829 times)

wperry1

• Contributor
  • Coppermine newbie
HTML Embedding Plugin
« on: August 15, 2007, 09:13:35 pm »

I couldn't find a quick and easy way to stick images from Coppermine into my Blogger blog so I wrote a plug-in that will generate HTML to embed an image from your Coppermine gallery into any other HTML page.

You can see it in use in my gallery here: http://photos.harrisonperry.net

WP

Edit: Updated to add a BBCode textbox.
Edit: The attachment below should work but I am making some changes on my site so it is not currently visible there.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2007, 10:02:56 am by GauGau »

cyberboy

• Coppermine newbie
Re: HTML Embedding Plugin
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2007, 06:44:48 am »

Hi ... can it be generate to bbcode as well? thanks...

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2007, 07:40:46 am »

There already are plugins/mods that can accomplish this. Use them instead of asking your question here.

wperry1

• Contributor
  • Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2007, 04:11:55 pm »

There already are plugins/mods that can accomplish this. Use them instead of asking your question here.

If there is something that has already been done it was probably done better than this since this is my first foray into php scripting but I couldn't find it.  Could you post a link to the thread or the name of the plugin or mod?

WP

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

Davide Renda

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "Lontano"
    • www.daviderenda.eu
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2007, 11:48:55 am »

Seems quite interesting and I'm currently using in one of my galleries. The embed code is somewhere hidden on the picture information, but imho, less intrusive then "copy/past bbcode" plugin.

lifter

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2007, 08:15:41 pm »

Mod looks great - 20x better than the link to another mod GauGau posted, so thanks for adding BBC support.  Unless I'm missing something though, after making some selections to how I would like the embed code to parse, nothing appears in the link box (on your site anyway).  I'm going to try and test it on mine but I'm not sure what's wrong that way.

I'm wondering if you could program another similar type of mod that would allow you to copy and paste a batch code for thumbnails/links of an entire album, and/or also for you to open up some sort of album browser (could look similar to the browser that you can use when using the 'batch add files' (searchnew.php / minibrowser.php) to grab the code for multiple pics at once!  That would be amazing!  :o

lifter

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2007, 08:42:09 pm »

Tried to install this on my site and it doesn't work....  :'(

I installed the plugin, went to a gallery page, scrolled down past the image and there is no change... no selection for embed codes/etc... do I need to enable it somewhere?

wperry1

• Contributor
  • Coppermine newbie
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2007, 03:21:53 pm »

Mod looks great - 20x better than the link to another mod GauGau posted, so thanks for adding BBC support.  Unless I'm missing something though, after making some selections to how I would like the embed code to parse, nothing appears in the link box (on your site anyway).  I'm going to try and test it on mine but I'm not sure what's wrong that way.

The one on my site should be working now.  I was working on adding some options (Size, link target, etc...) but time has been sparse so I never finished.  I put the one on my site back to the original (HTML/BBC) version and it is working again.

I'm wondering if you could program another similar type of mod that would allow you to copy and paste a batch code for thumbnails/links of an entire album, and/or also for you to open up some sort of album browser (could look similar to the browser that you can use when using the 'batch add files' (searchnew.php / minibrowser.php) to grab the code for multiple pics at once!  That would be amazing!  :o

When I have some time I will look into this.  It may be beyond my PHP coding ability though.  This little mod is my first bit of PHP beyond "Hello World" so far.

Tried to install this on my site and it doesn't work....  :'(

I installed the plugin, went to a gallery page, scrolled down past the image and there is no change... no selection for embed codes/etc... do I need to enable it somewhere?

It should install like any other plugin...
1. Unzip to your plugins/html_embed
2. Go to Config -> General Settings -> Manage Plugins and click the (i) next to it in the list

The links will show up at the bottom of the file information when you are viewing an image.

WP

lifter

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2007, 04:44:50 pm »

I've installed about 15 other plugins... this one didn't work though  :'(

I see you're no longer trying to have it able to link to the page instead of the picture now though, I'm going to have to look into getting someone to customize it!  :-\

angsikod

• Coppermine novice
    • SiKoD
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2007, 07:28:43 pm »

This plugin is great!! I have installed the plugin. But I could not see the file information. How to you show the file information?

My coppermine link http://photo.sikod.com

wperry1

• Contributor
  • Coppermine newbie
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2007, 09:51:26 pm »

This plugin is great!! I have installed the plugin. But I could not see the file information. How to you show the file information?

Look on the CPG Config page under Image View.  Make sure that "File information is visible by default" is set to yes.

WP

lifter

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2007, 02:40:20 am »

Look on the CPG Config page under Image View.  Make sure that "File information is visible by default" is set to yes.

WP

This was the mistake I made... I didn't realize it would be listed under file information

angsikod

• Coppermine novice
    • SiKoD
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2007, 04:08:31 am »

Thanks it shows up now. :)

I have another question. How do you resize the embedded image on the blog?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2007, 08:44:23 am »

With this plugin: not at all.

angsikod

• Coppermine novice
    • SiKoD
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2007, 08:46:50 am »

Well, anyway to resize the image?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2007, 08:52:29 am »

Using another mod/plugin: maybe. Unrelated questions should not be asked here. Only question related to this lpugin are allowed here.

wperry1

• Contributor
  • Coppermine newbie
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2007, 08:15:19 pm »

Thanks it shows up now. :)

I have another question. How do you resize the embedded image on the blog?

I wrote this to be pretty simple.  It uses the intermediate picture in the embed so the only way to resize the embedded images would be to change the size of your intermediate pictures in CPG.

WP

Basetballjones

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2007, 12:56:18 am »

Fine job!  This is a wonderful plugin.  I had actually uninstalled coppermine 1.3 something because I could not make it easy enough for my members to embed their media into our own forum-  This plgin makes it as easy as youtube, putfile, etc.

And now that I've seen how you did it, I don't know why I didn't think of it before, brilliant!

Once again, good work, and this should be added or appended to the plugin pack in the future.

jaks

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2008, 04:48:04 pm »

I'm new to Coppermine but I think you saved the zip file wrong. Inside the zip is a folder called plugins then the actual html_embed folder is inside it. It doesn't seem to do anything once installed even on the default theme. Does it work with 1.4.x?
« Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 04:55:01 pm by jaks »
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 20 queries.