Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 1.1.0 to 1.4.12 successful, but directory questions  (Read 4810 times)

fazeshift

• Coppermine newbie
1.1.0 to 1.4.12 successful, but directory questions
« on: July 18, 2007, 03:58:08 pm »

I have successfully upgraded from Coppermine 1.1.0 (which has given me years of reliable use BTW) to 1.4.12. Everything went smoothly and 1.4.12 functions correctly. My gallery is for my own personal use - I do not have multiple users.

My question is about the directory for FTP uploads/batch add. I understand "you must not FTP files to the /albums/userpics directory" but either this did not apply to 1.1.0, or that info never made it to my brain. More than 95% of the pics in my Coppermine gallery are already in mydomain.com/coppermine_dir/albums/userpics/dated_folders

What are my options?
1. Is there a way to override Coppermine so that it will look in the /albums/userspics directory? I'm aware of the risks and understand I need to stay out of Coppermine's way in the numbered user directories and maintain unique filenames.

The only other option I can think of is to FTP pics into /albums/newfolder going forward. I would like to avoid this - some of my existing directories will have pics added as I take them, and would prefer to maintain my folder hierarchy.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2007, 05:08:25 pm by Nibbler »

Nibbler

Re: 1.1.0 to 1.4.12 successful, but directory questions
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2007, 04:26:27 pm »

Change the 'userpics' folder name to something different in config.

fazeshift

• Coppermine newbie
Re: 1.1.0 to 1.4.12 successful, but directory questions
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2007, 05:06:40 pm »

Change the 'userpics' folder name to something different in config.

Sometimes the simplest solution is the best - I didn't think of that. Just tried it, looks like all is well. Thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 19 queries.