Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why 1.4.12 version have cpg1411 table prefix?  (Read 6618 times)

artcoder

• Coppermine newbie
  • FunAndEducational.com
    • FunAndEducational.com
Why 1.4.12 version have cpg1411 table prefix?
« on: July 13, 2007, 07:21:51 pm »

I installed a fresh latest version of coppermine 1.4.12.  But the tables are prefixed with cpg1411.   Is this right?  Or did I install wrong one?  I was expecting table prefix of cpg1412.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2007, 07:04:52 am by GauGau »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Why 1.4.12 version have cpg1411 table prefix?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2007, 07:26:15 pm »

The table prefix is just a name, it could be as well "fritz_the_cat_". Doesn't matter. You can rename the table prefix to anything you see fit. Probably was forgotten when cpg1.4.12 was packaged ( I was in a hurry then).

su_ict

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2007, 11:40:52 am »

Glad you answered this GauGau !

Is was dumping the CG tables and saw that my prefixes are still 1410 after update from 1410 to 1412 - it got me very confused if the update did go as planned = glad it did !

Btw (this is actually the reason of my reply  :-X)

Should this , the fact that table-prefix is not related to release in anyway , be communicated to the community in a broader way than only in this thread ? Because as i understand it now - from whatever version you upgrade to 1412 - table prefix will still be previous version !

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2007, 06:51:49 pm »

The prefix will remain the same whenever you perform an upgrade. I run a gallery where the table prefix is cpg110 - the gallery has been upgraded from cpg1.1 trough all releases of cpg1.2.x and cpg1.4.x up till now, yet the table prefix is the old one I chose during install. As I suggested: it's just a name. Not sure why we should communicate this to the community - I have hardly heard questions about this issue in the past, so I don't see the need to create a sticky thread or even add this question to the FAQ.

Marking thread as "solved".

su_ict

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2007, 11:37:52 pm »

The prefix will remain the same whenever you perform an upgrade. I run a gallery where the table prefix is cpg110 - the gallery has been upgraded from cpg1.1 trough all releases of cpg1.2.x and cpg1.4.x up till now, yet the table prefix is the old one I chose during install. As I suggested: it's just a name. Not sure why we should communicate this to the community - I have hardly heard questions about this issue in the past, so I don't see the need to create a sticky thread or even add this question to the FAQ.

Marking thread as "solved".

Ok, i was confused - now i know better - if everyone else is happy - why should i bother - it was just a tip - no more / no less  ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 19 queries.