Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Add usergroup in coppermine (bridge joomla)  (Read 4484 times)

seb123

• Coppermine newbie
Add usergroup in coppermine (bridge joomla)
« on: July 07, 2007, 02:07:58 pm »

Hello all,

I'm using Coppermine Photo Gallery 1.4.9 (stable) and bridged with joomla 1.0.12. Everything works fine, but i want to add a new usergroup. Because of teh bridge i can't add a new group in the Groupmanager in de admin of coppermine. If i add a new group in phpMyAdmin the group automaticly dissapear (don't know why).

In the bridge table in phpMyAdmin i can see that the "use_standard_groups" is "1" the other stringsn like: "validating_group, guest_group, member_group, admin_group, banned_group, global_moderators_group" have no number. Have i change something in here?
Does somebody knows how a can add a new usergroup?

Thnx.

Seb.

Nibbler

Re: Add usergroup in coppermine (bridge joomla)
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2007, 02:15:33 pm »

Add the group in Joomla then visit the group manager in Coppermine so that the groups resync.

seb123

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2007, 09:58:59 pm »

Can i not make one in the joomla.inc.php that has the same access as the registered?
There is a component for joomla. but after reading the reviews i'm not sure about using the component.
Thnx.

Seb.

seb123

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2007, 10:06:31 pm »

mayby it's easier if i tell what i want:

All registered people have a certain amaount of MB that they can use fot uploading pictures (for example 5 MB).
But i want that some other registered people have more amount of Mb that they can use (for example 10MB).

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2007, 09:30:40 am »

Then do as suggested and create a separate group in Joomla (if Joomla has this option), then go to coppermine's groups panel and assign a higher quota to the newly created group. If Joomla doesn't have the option to create more groups, then you can't do what you're up.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 19 queries.