Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Check your file versions"  (Read 7176 times)

whackese

• Coppermine newbie
"Check your file versions"
« on: July 06, 2007, 03:55:15 am »

At the end of running the update.php file it says that it is recommended to check your file versions if you just upgraded from an older version of coppermine.

When I go to the page it says: "It will show everything in red that needs to be fixed. Entries in yellow need looking into. Entries in green (or your default font color) are OK."

All of my files are red or yellow, and at the bottom is says 125 mandatory files and 125 optional files are missing. That would mean all files are missing, but every one of them is on the webserver. However, I uploaded them manually and not with FTP. Plus, everything seems to be working fine.

So, my question is does it matter that they are showing up red or yellow?
« Last Edit: July 12, 2007, 09:10:28 am by GauGau »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: "Check your file versions"
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2007, 10:02:35 am »

Post a link to your gallery and attach a screenshot of the versioncheck.php page to your posting.

whackese

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2007, 10:35:24 am »

Alrighty, my gallery link is: www.othgallery.com

It's not open though and you can't register because we haven't finished fixing it up yet. But, the print screen you asked for is below.

[Edit GauGau] Replaced hotlinked image with attachment. I asked you to attach a screenshot... [/Edit]
« Last Edit: July 06, 2007, 10:45:16 am by GauGau »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2007, 10:42:42 am »

The screenshot shows that the script wasn't able to extract version information at all. If you're sure that you have upgraded properly, you can safely ignore the missing data from versioncheck.php.

whackese

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2007, 09:16:55 pm »

Oops...sorry I didn't see how to attach a file.

I'm not sure what you mean by "the script wasn't able to extract version information at all".

When I went to upgrade I backed up my database, uploaded all the files in the archive manually (except the album directory, include/config.inc.php file, and anycontent.php file. I then tried to run the update.php file, but got an error and with help from the board here saw that the permissions were changed. So, I then fixed that and ran the update.php and it said it was successfully installed. I'm guessing that means I upgraded correctly right?

Oh, if this helps at all before I did the upgrade it was showing the same thing on the versioncheck.php page. Is it still okay to ignore?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2007, 08:41:14 am »

I'm not sure what you mean by "the script wasn't able to extract version information at all".
It's a known issue for the versioncheck.php script: on some server setup, it just can't work. Doesn't necessarily mean that there is something wrong with your coppermine install. It just means that you can't use versioncheck.php on your setup.

Is it still okay to ignore?
yes

whackese

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2007, 09:41:25 pm »

Okay, great. Thank you for all your help.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 19 queries.