Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Combination registered user groups privileges  (Read 3207 times)

puniksem

• Coppermine newbie
  • You want it when!
    • Puniksem.Com
Combination registered user groups privileges
« on: June 15, 2007, 05:38:37 pm »

I have looked through a number of child forums and cannot find an existing solution to this recently encountered conflict.

Explanation: I have created a set of albums for registered users to view, however I have also created an customised group for super-users, offering larger account and more privileges.

However when in each photo album's settings, I am unable to allow more than one user group per album. ie; I want registered and super-users to view 'desktop images' album. this cannot be done because the drop down box only allows you to select one user catagory.  I don't wish to set each album for non registered public access but do want all logged in users to be able to view the selected albums.

Possible option: A setting for allowing all logged in users to view said album.

It may be down to the way i've set up the albums, but i don't think so.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.....

Puniksem

Nibbler

Re: Combination registered user groups privileges
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2007, 06:29:13 pm »

Your regular users are in the 'registered' group.
Set your super users to be in both the 'registered' group and the 'super' group.
Then make the albums visible to the 'registered' group.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 19 queries.