Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gallery Restoration - please help!  (Read 4608 times)

achievehigh.org

• Coppermine newbie
Gallery Restoration - please help!
« on: June 08, 2007, 07:58:19 am »

I read about database restoration but none of them addressed my question so I create a new thread.

I believe my gallery before moving host was cpg1.4.8 . After almost a year, Coppermine released version cpg1.4.10 so
I need to upgrade from version 1.4.8 to version 1.4.10. I still need to restore my gallery before upgrading because I want to take step by step.  I believed I read the restoration document at Coppermine site when it did not have its own domain dot net (so long time ago).  I searched the Coppermine documentation from the link at the top and by using the Search function of the forums but could not find information on how to restore the gallery without losing information anywhere. 

P.s. It takes me so long to load coppermine-gallery.net and its forum on DSL. My next question is that why such a slow site and forum loading speed?

Please address both of my questions, especially the whole process of gallery restoration step by step.  Please give me the direct URL of gallery restoration to read again. Please help. Thanks.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2007, 11:17:51 am by Hein »

achievehigh.org

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Gallery Restoration - please help!
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2007, 08:22:34 am »

I wanted to edit the typo in my post above but did not see the Edit button any where.  Where is the Edit button?

Typo: "back up" in the phrase "I still need to restore my gallery before backing up because. . ."
Correction:  I meant to say "upgrading" so the correct phrase is "I still need to restore my gallery before upgrading because. . ."

Hein Traag

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • A, B, Cpg
    • Personal website - Spintires.nl
Re: Gallery Restoration - please help!
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2007, 11:21:03 am »

To address the second question, although there is a one question per thread policy, i can say i do not experience a slow site. And i am on a DSL line as wel.

Could you rephrase the first question, not clear to me. You are going to upgrade from 1.4.8. to 1.4.10. but you want to restore first ? Or do you mean you want to backup before upgrading ?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 19 queries.