Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Easy RSS feed  (Read 181225 times)

natrlhy

• Coppermine regular visitor
Re: Easy RSS feed
« Reply #60 on: December 10, 2007, 07:45:22 pm »

Can this plugin be modified to allow the RSS feeds to look for updated Private Albums as well and have this displayed on a Google or Yahoo page?

dills84

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #61 on: February 20, 2008, 04:26:37 pm »

I'm receiving an Internal 500 when trying to reach the feed.

www.dillonpic.com/gallery/rss.php

the RSS mod worked fine for me. but this seemed more customizeable... any ideas? file permissions are set to 777

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #62 on: February 20, 2008, 06:59:08 pm »

I'm receiving an Internal 500 when trying to reach the feed.

www.dillonpic.com/gallery/rss.php

the RSS mod worked fine for me. but this seemed more customizeable... any ideas? file permissions are set to 777
It loads for me. Maybe temporary issue or did you fix it in the meanwhile?

dills84

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #63 on: February 21, 2008, 04:29:16 pm »

It loads for me. Maybe temporary issue or did you fix it in the meanwhile?

i went back to using the rss feed MOD that somebody else posted. The plugin still doesnt work for me, causes and Error 500.

soleiltan2

• SandRailsOnly
« Reply #64 on: February 23, 2008, 01:07:56 am »

This plugin worked perfectly...from install to validation.

Except for this

Code: [Select]
Recommendations
This feed is valid, but interoperability with the widest range of feed readers could be improved by implementing the following recommendations.

line 10, column 70: Missing atom:link with rel="self" [help]

<generator>http://sandrailsonly.com/coppermine/rss.php</generator></channel>                                                                      ^Source: http://www.sandrailsonly.com/coppermine/rss.php
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-7"?>
<rss version="2.0"
   xmlns:content="http://purl.org/rss/1.0/modules/content/"
   xmlns:wfw="http://wellformedweb.org/CommentAPI/"
>
<channel>
   <title>Photo &amp; Video Gallery</title>
   <link>http://sandrailsonly.com/coppermine/</link>
   <description>Upload your fav photo; watch killer vids! - Last additions</description>
   <generator>http://sandrailsonly.com/coppermine/rss.php</generator></channel>
</rss>

The other posted RSS mods....were flawed, taking too much time to change code issues. This is the ONLY RSS feed mod that I was able to get working.

Thanks for the Easy RSS feed!  ;D

Marius

• Coppermine newbie
    • Desktop Wallpapers RO
« Reply #65 on: March 10, 2008, 07:09:32 pm »

Hi
I recently upgraded my Coppermine driven site to v1.4.16, hosted on shared account with Php 4.4.7 and MySQL 4.0, also installed the Easy Rss v1.1 plugin, but the feed doesn't work for index page, it shows this error page: "The selected album/file does not exist !" instead of Last uploads pics
I want to mention that in albums page it works, like http://mysite/rss.php?album=lastup, even for My Favorites, though is nothing in there.
Anyone have a suggestion or advice about this?

See the error here: http://www.desktop-wallpapers.ro/rss.php

Regards
Marius

Putoguiri

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #66 on: May 27, 2008, 01:13:37 am »

Hello,

I've installed the easy rss plugin with an modified rss.php (to make it work with piclens), all went well until I decided to uninstall the plugin, make a little modification and reinstall it. Since then it gives me the "Internal Error 500" each time I tried to acces the rss.php.

I even tried to install the original again, making sure everything was deleted first. Nothing.

Any ideas?

Ps: Looking at the log files of my server didn't really help

[Tue May 27 00:24:11 2008] [error] [client ??.??.??.???] script not found or unable to stat: /web/htdocs/www.museabuse.com/home/gallery/rss.php

Thank you.

Ludo

• Contributor
  • Coppermine addict
    • E+GiElle
« Reply #67 on: July 04, 2008, 09:13:21 pm »

Very useful and...easy ;D plugin, but it needs a fix to work with titles containing HTML entities.
In rss.php, change the line
              <title>'.($picture[$titlefield]?$picture[$titlefield]:$lang_plugin_easyrss['no'].$lang_plugin_easyrss['label_'.$titlefield]).'</title>to
              <title>'.($picture[$titlefield] ? html_entity_decode($picture[$titlefield], ENT_NOQUOTES) : $lang_plugin_easyrss['no'].$lang_plugin_easyrss['label_'.$titlefield]).'</title>
Other fixes and code cleanup required if you want to avoid PHP warnings and to get the feed fully validated.

driver58

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #68 on: July 24, 2008, 12:13:14 am »

<DIV align=center><p><iframe name="22" src=" *Link Removed* "width="720" height="150" frameborder="0"></iframe></p></DIV>

nazcarpine

• Coppermine newbie
    • Nazcar Multimedia Productions
« Reply #69 on: July 27, 2008, 07:58:53 am »

Great plugin. This is what am I looking for.  ;D ;D
nazcarpine.com

HF OADA

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #70 on: July 31, 2008, 11:28:33 pm »

I've uploaded this plugin, but when I try to install it. It doesn't do anything. So please tell me what I must do to get this thing working.

nointerest

• Translator
    • Karateschule Okinawa (Bayreuth, Kulmbach, Pegnitz, Auerbach)
« Reply #71 on: August 05, 2008, 02:37:53 am »

@flaquito:

I am translating the Plugin into German. I have difficulty understanding the following parts:

Caption

Last additions

views

No (in the first part of phrases, not those concerning the config).

Could you please give me a context to this things? I understand the seperate words, but not their meaning. That is important however in order to create a logical, meaningful translation.

Scott O

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #72 on: August 11, 2008, 10:41:06 pm »

Does anyone know of a hack or way to get this to work with Google's FeedBurner service?

I have everything set-up correctly.  The only thing I need to do is suppress the original feed that this generates from being shown as an available feed for this site by browsers like Firefox and IE.

I looked at the different files included in this plug-in, but I'm not familiar enough with code to know what I'm looking for.

Thanks in advance.

Scott O

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #73 on: August 12, 2008, 05:05:03 am »

I've been thinking more about what would be required to get this plug-in to work with Feedburner.  Here's what I believe the plug-in needs to do to accomplish that:

• It still needs to create a feed- example: www.yoursite.com/rss.php
  • It needs to allow the user to change all feed discovery links to the Feedburner feed - example: feeds.feedburner.com/your site   If you could just point to which lines of code need to be changed (and what with), that would be helpful.

OPTIONAL:

If someone is really feeling adventurous, they could allow people who are already using this plug-in to redirect to a Feedburner feed.  To accomplish that, I believe the following would need to occur:

• A new "private" source feed would need to be created.  This feed would have a URL like www.yoursite.com/feedburnersource.php  The user of the plug-in would then use this feed for the source of the Feedburner feed.  This source feed would not be auto-discovered by browsers, etc.
  • The previous feed- www.yoursite.com/php -would only show one feed item: A message telling subscribers that they need to subscribe to the new Feedburner feed.  (If a redirect is possible, that would be great, but I doubt it is.)

I'm willing to go in and edit the code of the existing plug-in, but I have no idea what I need to change.  If someone could spell out instructions, I would be eternally grateful and happy to donate to their "tip jar."

Thanks!

Scott O

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #74 on: August 12, 2008, 05:12:14 am »

OKAY- Hold the phone!

I've noticed that if you use the feed generated by this plug-in as the source for a FeedBurner feed, then subscribe to that Feedburner feed in Bloglines, it continually show the same items as "new" over and over again.  As far as I can tell, this only happens in Bloglines. 

The original (non-Feedburner) feed generated by this plug-in works fine in Bloglines.

Strange.  Any ideas?

bgrega

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #75 on: August 13, 2008, 04:13:13 am »

Sorry in advance for this post.  I'm not a coder, or a developer but I've been tasked with putting up a blog page that needs to have an RSS feed.  I loaded the Easy RSS feed.  It was, well, EASY.  But, How do I configure it to get feeds from other sources?  ie.  Washinghton Post, MSNBC, etc....

Thanks,

Bryan

flaquito

• Contributor
  • Coppermine newbie
« Reply #76 on: August 13, 2008, 04:23:45 am »

Easy RSS feed only provides a feed. You're looking for a feed reader/aggregator. Search around for documentation or some sort of plugin for whatever blog software you're using.

For everyone else who's made requests, I'm no longer actively developing this plugin. I've enjoyed reading all of the comments from people who are successfully using it, and I apologize to anyone who has had trouble getting it to work. The plugin does what I need it to do, so I'm not working on it anymore. If I do make any changes, I'll certainly update the download. In the meantime, feel free to modify and distribute it however you'd like.

bgrega

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #77 on: August 13, 2008, 05:11:28 pm »

Thank you flaquito.

I will be looking.

nointerest

• Translator
    • Karateschule Okinawa (Bayreuth, Kulmbach, Pegnitz, Auerbach)
« Reply #78 on: August 15, 2008, 11:44:05 pm »

I think I have figured out my missing words. I have therefore completed the translation into German. I add the german language file to this post.

As always - if you have suggestions to phrase something better please contact me via PN and I will correct it.

Scott O

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #79 on: August 17, 2008, 10:16:25 pm »

OKAY- Hold the phone!

I've noticed that if you use the feed generated by this plug-in as the source for a FeedBurner feed, then subscribe to that Feedburner feed in Bloglines, it continually show the same items as "new" over and over again.  As far as I can tell, this only happens in Bloglines. 

The original (non-Feedburner) feed generated by this plug-in works fine in Bloglines.

Strange.  Any ideas?

Alright, I think I figured it out.  By default this feed it set up to show number of views on an item.  Every time the view count changed, it would be picked up as a new feed item in Bloglines.  Not sure why Bloglines would show it as new whereas some other feed readers just ignored it.

Anyway, I removed the following line from the rss.php file, removed (deleting the rss file and settings when prompted), then reinstalled the plug-in.  It seems to have corrected the problem.

$caption_text = "<br>".$picture[hits]." ".$lang_plugin_easyrss['views'];
Also when I removed and reinstalled, I was given the option to suppress the auto-detect of the feed generated by this plug-in, so I'm able to use it with Feedburner.  I inserted my own code pointing to the Feedburner feed into my header.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 20 queries.