Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 ... 33   Go Down

Author Topic: Upload applet (JUpload) : the easiest upload !  (Read 684897 times)

sanghino

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Upload applet (JUpload)
« Reply #300 on: November 21, 2007, 07:46:26 pm »

I have used JUpload for uploading over 400 photos at a time, of app. 3.5mb each. They were resized before upload and I had no problems at all.
ok i want to use jupload in the same way of you, can you tell me your settings? in particular

in coppermine configuration

Create intermediate pictures
Max width or height of an intermediate picture/video
Max size for uploaded files (KB)
Max width or height for uploaded pictures (pixels)
Auto resize images that are larger than max width or height

in jupload configuration

maxChunkSize
maxFileSize
maxNonTransformedPictureSize

thanks in advance

Cirno

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #301 on: November 21, 2007, 08:16:29 pm »

Added to my todo list

Thanks, I really love your work.

will

• Coppermine frequent poster
« Reply #302 on: November 21, 2007, 08:21:29 pm »

I've recently moved my Upload link from my SYS MENU to my SUB MENU but now I have lost the JUpload link, I've tried reinstalling it but no luck, is there anyway of making it show again without moving the Upload link back ;)

jesusarmy

• Contributor
  • Coppermine novice
« Reply #303 on: November 22, 2007, 11:31:44 am »

On my site, JUpload creates a user directory but is unable to put any files in it. I strongly suspect this is to do with silly_safe_mode, which I have enabled and which normally forces all uploaded files into the same directory.

Am I right in concluding therefore that JUpload doesn't cooperate with the silly_safe_mode flag?

erostew

• Coppermine regular visitor
« Reply #304 on: November 22, 2007, 04:46:19 pm »

On my site, JUpload creates a user directory but is unable to put any files in it. I strongly suspect this is to do with silly_safe_mode, which I have enabled and which normally forces all uploaded files into the same directory.

Am I right in concluding therefore that JUpload doesn't cooperate with the silly_safe_mode flag?

If you're using silly_safe_mode that means you are using cpg 1.5alpha
JUpload is written for 1.4 so of course it doesn't support a 1.5 feature. There is no support on this board for cpg1.5.

erostew

« Reply #305 on: November 22, 2007, 04:55:05 pm »

I've recently moved my Upload link from my SYS MENU to my SUB MENU but now I have lost the JUpload link, I've tried reinstalling it but no luck, is there anyway of making it show again without moving the Upload link back ;)
JUpload is probably looking for the upload button entry on the sys menu so it can place it's own button after it. If it doesn't find it... no JUpload button. You can probably add the Upload button back to the sys menu and then use the final extract plugin to disable it. Should work after that.

erostew

« Reply #306 on: November 22, 2007, 05:03:10 pm »

ok i want to use jupload in the same way of you, can you tell me your settings? in particular

in coppermine configuration

Create intermediate pictures
Max width or height of an intermediate picture/video
Max size for uploaded files (KB)
Max width or height for uploaded pictures (pixels)
Auto resize images that are larger than max width or height

in jupload configuration

maxChunkSize
maxFileSize
maxNonTransformedPictureSize

thanks in advance

My settings won't help you. I have different settings for php.ini on my server with more memory, etc. You can set max width/height to whatever you want and it won't help if you don't have enough memory. I don't have anything set for maxChunk or maxFile and maxTransformed is set to the same as I have in my coppermine config. Auto-resize is on. Filesizes depend on what you are allowed on your own server.

I suggest you ask for support in the correct place and get your normal upload working first., before trying to use JUpload.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2007, 05:08:31 pm by erostew »

sanghino

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #307 on: November 22, 2007, 05:53:23 pm »

sorry for the inconvenience

jesusarmy

• Contributor
  • Coppermine novice
« Reply #308 on: November 22, 2007, 07:07:45 pm »

If you're using silly_safe_mode that means you are using cpg 1.5alpha
JUpload is written for 1.4 so of course it doesn't support a 1.5 feature. There is no support on this board for cpg1.5.

As far as I know, I am using 1.4.14, the documents for which say:
2.4 Safe mode issues
A significant number of webhosts on the Internet run PHP in safe mode. Coppermine runs without any problem in safe mode and with the "open basedir restriction" active, provided safe mode is properly configured. Unfortunately, on many hosts, safe mode is not configured properly.

If your webhost is running PHP in safe mode but is misconfigured, you may need to do the following :

With a FTP program, change the mode of Coppermine's "include" directory on your server to 0777.
Do the same for the "albums" and "userpics" directories.
Check that at the beginning the the "include/config.inc.php" file, you have a line with : "define('SILLY_SAFE_MODE', 1);"

I have done that, and I took that as meaning that it is running in silly_safe_mode.

Anyone able to answer my original question?

erostew

« Reply #309 on: November 23, 2007, 09:25:26 am »

As far as I know, I am using 1.4.14, the documents for which say:
I have done that, and I took that as meaning that it is running in silly_safe_mode.

Anyone able to answer my original question?
Ah sorry for that. Wasn't familiar with silly_safe_mode being in 1.4 because there is no option for it in the admin config. I guess they just made it easier to set in 1.5.

JUpload creates a folder for each album inside the userpics directory. I'm not 100% sure but I think it's hardcoded. You might want to check if the directory is being created with chmod 777 as it should be. Make sure that your "config/Files and thumbnails advanced settings/Default mode for directories" is set to 0777. If the folder is being created but isn't set with the correct permissions that is probably the cause of your problem. If the CPG config is set to use 0777, but JUpload isn't creating the directories with those permissions, it probably does have something to do with safe mode. There are some servers that might require 755 so you could also try that.

I assume that you had to use silly_safe_mode to get CPG to work at all, but if not... Have you tried setting it to 0?

jesusarmy

• Contributor
  • Coppermine novice
« Reply #310 on: November 23, 2007, 01:30:16 pm »

As far as I can tell, the installation automatically checked that silly_safe_mode was required when it wrote the config file. I know that it is needed on my server from my experience with other scripts.

When is needed is for JUpload to check if silly_safe_mode is set and then place the files accordingly, that is into one directory only. If that needs a change in the java applet code, then it is beyond me.

etienne_sf

• Contributor
  • Coppermine addict
    • Wiki
« Reply #311 on: November 24, 2007, 03:47:56 pm »

Let's say ...  you're now wrong !
 ;)

In previous releases, Jupload stored the configuration in a file, in the user directory. This was probably not compatible with the silly_safe mode.
Now, the configuration is stored in the Coppermine main configuration table (that is: in the database). You should not encounter any problem with the last version.

A note about saf_mode :
- The plugin (PHP part) tries to put files in one directory per album per user. This guaranties that the number of files in subdirectories is small enough. Very important for performances.
- In safe_mode this is not possible. So, in the current version, having too much pictures in the gallery may generate performance troubles, when accessing to picture files. Say, more than 50 000 pictures in a site. Remember: this is only if safe_mode is active. I guess standard upload has the same problem. In this case, FTP upload is a good way to work, as you can upload to new directories.

Etienne

choupette549

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #312 on: November 25, 2007, 04:58:10 pm »

Hi Etienne,

I come back to mention you a great news.
I had an error and could not use the applet with IE7 and Windows Vista.
So I was running version 2.4.4 and could not use the improvements that you did on your applet.

Today, I installed de latest version of Java, version 6 update 3 with
the latest version of your plugin, 2.6.4, and it works great !
There seems to be no error anymore.

This week, I will make a lot of tests and give you feed back.

Again, thanks a lot for your great applet.

Quentin

dolomites

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #313 on: November 25, 2007, 11:59:28 pm »

I have seen that after uploading, in the "edit uploaded files" page, if I click "apply changes" data is saved but the same page is reloaded, why?

I resolved this problem modifying the "edit_uploaded_files.php" in the line

Code: [Select]
$message_update_status = "alert('" . prepare_js_string($lang_picinfo['success']) . "');";
to

$message_update_status = "alert('" . prepare_js_string($lang_picinfo['success']) . "'); [b]document.location.replace('index.php');[/b]";

jesusarmy

• Contributor
  • Coppermine novice
« Reply #314 on: November 26, 2007, 04:35:29 pm »

Let's say ...  you're now wrong !

Thanks for your helpful reply, which was all I needed to track down the problem.

In which case, there is a bug in j_picmgmt.inc.php.

Find
//mkdir will probably fail in safe_mode. But, let's give it a try. We mask the error, in case of ...
@mkdir($dest_dir_jupload, octdec($CONFIG['default_dir_mode']));

after, insert
if (!defined('SILLY_SAFE_MODE')) {

and find (a few lines later)
//We'll use the newly created directory for next statements.
$dest_dir = $dest_dir_jupload;
$filepath = $filepath_jupload;
}

and insert afterwards
}

The problem is that safe mode may allow your script to create directories, but not to write to them. That's why it's silly.

It now works for me.

jesusarmy

• Contributor
  • Coppermine novice
« Reply #315 on: November 26, 2007, 06:05:03 pm »

I resolved this problem modifying the "edit_uploaded_files.php" in the line

$message_update_status = "alert('" . prepare_js_string($lang_picinfo['success']) . "');";
to

$message_update_status = "alert('" . prepare_js_string($lang_picinfo['success']) . "'); [b]document.location.replace('index.php');[/b]";

Almost certainly, that should read:

to

$message_update_status = "alert('" . prepare_js_string($lang_picinfo['success']) . "'); document.location.replace('index.php');";

dolomites

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #316 on: November 26, 2007, 11:59:56 pm »

b was for underline the change, but in this forum in code mode b doesn't work :)

mrsleep99

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #317 on: November 28, 2007, 03:08:22 am »

First I'd just like to say, AMAZING plugin, this should come standard with CPG, it's just great!!

I have a few questions though.

I'm interested in changing all the instances of "pictures" in the upload applet to "files" (I'm not saying my users are stupid, but this will seriously throw them off when they read they are supposed to be uploading PICTURES and not necessarily FILES as well), is this possible? I can go through code and change whatever is necessary, it'd save me a lot of headaches in the future!

Also, when I installed the plugin my normal "Upload" button appeared and I have the "JUpload" button beneath it...can I fix this so it's just "Upload"?

Thank you so much for any help you can offer!!   ;D ;D

Cirno

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #318 on: November 28, 2007, 10:10:49 am »

Also, when I installed the plugin my normal "Upload" button appeared and I have the "JUpload" button beneath it...can I fix this so it's just "Upload"?

Goto plugin management and the Jupload settings, there you should find the option to replace the normal upload with jupload.
Config - General Setting - Manage Plugin - Jupload Configuration - Change 'linkKeepStandardUpload' to 0.

To change the title of the (j)upload button, edit /plugins/jupload/lang/english.php (or your prefered language file) at the top, you'll find 'link_title', edit this your your prefered title. If you browse through this language file, you will also find all the other text displayed to the user, including the words 'pictures' that you can replace with 'files'.

Hope this helps you.

Kind Regards
Cirno

etienne_sf

• Contributor
  • Coppermine addict
    • Wiki
« Reply #319 on: November 28, 2007, 01:40:05 pm »

I have seen that after uploading, in the "edit uploaded files" page, if I click "apply changes" data is saved but the same page is reloaded, why?

Because
 :D

You can then update the page again...

I think it works the same as the original editpic page.

Etienne
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 ... 33   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 20 queries.