Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: e-card From field  (Read 5212 times)

tatapx

• Coppermine newbie
    • http://www.tatapx.org
e-card From field
« on: March 05, 2004, 12:54:16 pm »

Just finished to search but didn't find it.

I am testing Coppemine now and wanted to fix the problem so I can replace my current gallery "Gallery".

The problem is users can send an ecard and use the webmasters or other users email addy.

Is it possible to automatically fill the "Your email address" field with their email address as they are members of my board (IPB).  Or if it is not possible, can it be configured not to allow to send using the webmasters mail address in "Your email address" field?

Regards
 :roll:

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
e-card From field
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2004, 01:54:52 pm »

restrict sending of ecards to registered users onyl (in the groups panel of coppermine admin menu) and edit ecards.php - find
Code: [Select]
<input type="text" class="textinput" name="sender_email"  value="$sender_email" style="WIDTH: 100%;">and replace with
<input type="hidden" class="textinput" name="sender_email"  value="$sender_email" />This way, your users won't be able to edit the sender_email value.

GauGau

tatapx

• Coppermine newbie
e-card From field
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2004, 07:56:53 pm »

Thank you for your quick reply.

It did prevent to edit the sender email value but when I click the button to send I got...

Warning : invalid email address !

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
e-card From field
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2004, 09:10:56 pm »

this hack only works if the $sender_email actually contains the correct value, e.g. if the user's email address is being written into the hidden field. If it doesn't, then this'll require some additional coding...

GauGau

jarekn

• Coppermine novice
Can the same be done with vBulletin 3.4?
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2004, 09:09:53 pm »

What would the line be?

jarekn

• Coppermine novice
e-card From field
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2004, 09:26:53 pm »

Hello GauGau.

What would the line be?

Quote from: "gaugau"
this hack only works if the $sender_email actually contains the correct value, e.g. if the user's email address is being written into the hidden field. If it doesn't, then this'll require some additional coding...

GauGau

tatapx

• Coppermine newbie
e-card From field
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2004, 07:19:43 am »

Quote from: "gaugau"

GauGau

Thanks again, I hope this hack will be in your list on the next CPG upgrdade. I am not good with php, so I'll just wait.

More power to CPG!

photoman13

• Coppermine regular visitor
e-card From field
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2004, 03:46:02 pm »

What I did was used GauGau's suggestion and also added:
<input type="hidden" class="textinput" name="sender_email" value="$sender_email" /><b>Can't Edit!</b><br>To change email address see your profile.
So that when the go to send an ecard, they won't just get a 'blank' and also know where to change their email address at. :)

Also I noticed that this works great with Members, but me as an Admin it won't fill in the email address automatically. (I guess cause when we first signed up after the install, it didnt' 'email verify' us like it does for the members. Also, there is no place in 'My Profile' to add the email address, like there is for members. When I try to edit, it tells me I can't, since it's my profile, I have to goto "My Profile Link" to edit any info, but the email address field is not there.

photoman13

• Coppermine regular visitor
e-card From field
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2004, 03:57:47 pm »

Quote from: "photoman13"
Also I noticed that this works great with Members, but me as an Admin it won't fill in the email address automatically. (I guess cause when we first signed up after the install, it didnt' 'email verify' us like it does for the members. Also, there is no place in 'My Profile' to add the email address, like there is for members. When I try to edit, it tells me I can't, since it's my profile, I have to goto "My Profile Link" to edit any info, but the email address field is not there.

Found a work around for that... just create new account and make it an admin. There you can edit the normal "admin" email account. And then it's fixed :)

tatapx

• Coppermine newbie
e-card From field
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2004, 10:13:10 am »

Thanks, I'll try it this week.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 18 queries.