Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help with intergrating copperming with a forum  (Read 2520 times)

Glapsides

• Coppermine newbie
Help with intergrating copperming with a forum
« on: February 01, 2007, 04:57:10 pm »

Hello,

I just recently purchased a domain. I would very much like to run a photo gallery, and most likely, I will integrate google adwords in it for website revenue. I have read a couple of posts regarding that, and it seems fairly easy. That said, I would also like to know how to add, or integrate, or whatever the technical term is, a forum to my coppermine gallery. Just so you know, I am a rookie when it comes to coding, so I probably won't understand anything fancy, but just layman terms. I can always learn of course. My main question then is, how to add a forum to copperming if possible at all? If not, how do I go on about making a gallery and a forum, that somehow work together, and it's not where I have to have two entirely different url's in the form of subdomains. For instance, it seems I can integrate something like the following together: "forum.mydomain.com with gallery.mydomain.com", I read one of the posts that details this, but ...

What I want is to have a mydomain.com only with coppermine installed on it, and a link in there, probably on my coppermine menu somewhere, to a forum that is one with coppermine. Is that possible at all? Or what other options do I have?

I thanks all those in advance who come with answers.

Regards,

Glapsides
« Last Edit: February 01, 2007, 11:57:30 pm by Nibbler »

Nibbler

Re: Help with intergrating copperming with a forum
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2007, 05:37:13 pm »

You can't really have them in the same place as they will conflict. You could have the gallery at mydomain.com and the forum at mydomain.com/forum though. Bridging only shares login info, it is up to you to make them match up in terms of design.

Glapsides

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Help with intergrating copperming with a forum
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2007, 11:54:22 pm »

That was great help and cleared a lot of things to me, thanks. So, intergrating is also just like bridging, simply sharing login info? As for having a gallery and forum, it seems I will just have to have them seperately, and put a link in my coppermine gallery pointing to the forum. This means, I will just have to learn how to add an extra link to my coppermine gallery menu, which shouldn't be too hard.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 19 queries.