Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Coppermine,Phpbb and Wordpress User Integration  (Read 12827 times)

anadolugezgini

• Coppermine newbie
    • Anatolian Photo-Trekking Website
Coppermine,Phpbb and Wordpress User Integration
« on: January 11, 2007, 04:04:38 pm »

Hi,
I would like users to sign in from coppermine and then can use wordpress and phpbb in my site with the same login information.

I think there isn't a hack or mod for this so i decided to copy the users from coppermine to phpbb and wordpress.Do you have an idea about this.Should this work?

(i had to install wordpress and phpbb after the coppermine is installed.as the site is growing and users wanted to have forum and blog pages.)

site is "www.anadolugezgini.com"  (anatolian explorer) a photo-trekking site. (Has a flash intro for bypassing it "www.anadolugezgini.com/album"
a test user is created for whom want to check... 
(User : test  Login : test)

Sites language is Turkish so main navigation buttons are
"Anasayfa" and  "Seyahatname" is Wordpress and "Gezgin Forum" is phpbb so "Fotogezi" is coppermine.

Or any other suggestions are welcome...
Thanks for your interest...
« Last Edit: January 13, 2007, 12:15:18 am by Nibbler »

Nibbler

Re: Copy User Table To Wordpress And PHPbb or User Integration Problem
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2007, 04:54:45 pm »

You can bridge Coppermine to phpbb.

anadolugezgini

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2007, 10:33:36 pm »

I tried it at my localhost.But after the bridging coppermine login won't works? My idea is
first copy user tables of coppermine to wordpress
installed a coppermine plugin to wordpress that creates a user at wordpress user creation and it works
bridge the coppermine with wordpress
let wordpress be the main page

so when users opena an account at wordpress the plugin at wordpress creates the coppermine user and coppermine is bridged with phpbb so it should work.

The only problem is when i copy the user table from coppermine to wordpress(using navicat),wordpress wont accept the user came from coppermine table.I only copy the user name,pass,mail,subsription date.

Messed up a lot...

Do you have an idea ?
Thanks...
(i know i can manage the coppermine and phppbb bridge to work with a little more work.Problem is moving existing users.)

Nibbler

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2007, 10:38:15 pm »

When you bridge coppermine to phpbb it will read all user data from phpbb. Putting users into the coppermine users table would do nothing. See if you can get wordpress to authenticate from phpbb too.

anadolugezgini

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2007, 11:06:26 pm »

:( that was a bad new ...

i'll look for something..i know some other users want to do same thing with me.If i could find a way i'll share...

And do you hava an idea why copying users from one database to other won't work?

Thanks again

Nibbler

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2007, 11:12:18 pm »

What error message do you get?

anadolugezgini

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2007, 11:17:57 pm »

after copying the users from coppermine to wordpress,and tried to login with one of them,wordpress says you are not authorized to view this page,for all wordpress pages.When i delete that user from database it turns to normal till trying to login with another copied user...

really don't know what to do ..

anadolugezgini

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2007, 11:38:38 pm »

Ok i've found a plugin for phpbb
http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=475642   named wpunited and easymod supported :)
integrates phpbb and wordpress users.(i wonder what if a user changes his password?i will see it tomorrow when i try this plugin.It depends on how the plugin works)

now just one problem still remains...copying the existing coppermine users to phpbb and and managing the bridging from coppermine...

Testing it tomorrow...and will post the results here...

ps:i saw you have an msn id can i add you? (mkorayt@hotmail.com)

Thanks..

anadolugezgini

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2007, 12:10:30 am »

Ok now what i found today..hope it will be helpfull

1.Copying Coppermine users to Wordpress via database problem is solved.
First check the database table design and be sure that primary key "ID" has auto increment selected.User name,pass and e-mail is enough to work with default value for other fields are ok.
2.Copying Coppermine users to PHPBB via database problem is solved.
Make sure that primary key "ID" has auto increment selected(mine is not).User name,pass and e-mail is enough to work,but you can select more fields like registration day or last visit.And always check your table for default values to see is that what you want.See phpbb administration for more.

My main problem with copying users are that.So checked the user tables for default values,and if your configuration for phpbb or wordpress needs a required field like e-mail be sure that copyed user has one for it.

And about the plug in;wpunited...
Poor supported plugin for phpbb.It looks easy but has some minor bugs.I've tested it on my localhost.Login to phpbb and then go to wordpress with a new page that plug-in created as blog.php.Yes it creates the user for wordpress when  blog.php executed.You can define the role of user created when configuring the plugin.But one problem is when i go back to phpbb and try to log off it kicks me to the wordpress login screen :P and keeps the user logged in.

My situation is installed coppermine first and the community growed and needed some new features.Then wordpress came and then phpbb.

My idea for basic solution is,copying all existing users to phpbb user tables via database.Then using that wpunited phpbb plugin to create all users in wordpress when they first visit the blog.And integrating coppermine with phpbb.Then linking all login buttons to phpbb login screen.

If i can manage that minor problem with wpunited,i think it will work and coppermine,phpbb and wordpress uses the same user tables.
I will post the further progress here soon.

Some help will come handy :)

anadolugezgini

• Coppermine newbie
Coppermine,Phpbb and Wordpress User Integration
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2007, 12:14:48 am »

Sorry for this post but i think the message  subject can be like that...

Nibbler

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2007, 12:14:58 am »

I'd love to help but I have lost you completely :). If you have specific Coppermine questions then feel free to post them.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 20 queries.