Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is this doable in Coppermine?  (Read 5801 times)

slobizman

• Coppermine newbie
Is this doable in Coppermine?
« on: December 28, 2006, 05:22:49 pm »

I have what is likely an unusual design criteria for gallery software and I'd like to run it by you guys to see if it's something that it will handle.

I wish to document a particular city/county in photos, submitted and uploaded by members.  I'd like the photos to be placed in unlimited hierarchal categories, and each photo have the ability to be reviewed and rated. (In fact, if the photographer can be reviewed and rated as well that would be cool). Spekaing of categories, can multiple categories be assigned to each photo?

In addition, I'd like some photos by professional photographers to be available for purchase, either as in digital stock photos or by physical photos.  However, I do not want to handle the transaction.  I want it to go directly through to the photographer and not involve me whatsoever.

I don't know if it would be best to have these "pro" photos in the mix with everything else, or have them in their own separate "shops" or sections of some sort they "rent".  What would work best with this software?    I'm open to any way this can happen, and I'm sure there are ways I am not thinking about.

Also, if it has the ability, I'd like users to be able to create and send ecards with a particular photo (if it's flagged as allowable for that).

I will also need the ability to add banner and text advertising on some pages.  For example, when the gallery of winery photos is displayed, I'd like to be able to show ads from wineries.

Doable?

Nibbler

Re: Is this doable in Coppermine?
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2006, 08:21:20 pm »

You can do most of that, some will need custom coding.

Categories can be infinitely nested, and images can be rated and commented on. Photos can be in multiple albums. There are mods to allow selling of photos, you'd need to find the one that suits what you need. Coppermine supports ecards, but you can't turn them on/off for specific photos. You can use Google adsense for content specific advertisements.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 19 queries.