Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Creating new albums and uploading using Batch/FTP  (Read 2366 times)

darryng

• Coppermine newbie
Creating new albums and uploading using Batch/FTP
« on: December 19, 2006, 04:10:29 pm »

Hi,

I saw a similar problem posted here http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=39397.0 however the solution posted didn't help me as I am already using the classic interface.

I'm a noobie when it comes to coppermine, i've done everything i'm supposed to (I think) and the installation seems ok and from the outside it all looks funky. I'm trying to do this on my own web server, i'm running a WinXP pro box, using xampp 1.5.5 with php/mysql/filezilla and the latest release of coppermine.

The probem i'm having is when I try try to upload files through the batch process as i'm getting the message:

"There are no folders inside the "albums" folder yet. Make sure to create at least one custom folder within "albums" folder and ftp-upload your files there. You mustn't upload to the "userpics" nor "edit" folders, they are reserved for http uploads and internal purposes."

But i've created new categories and new albums within the categories. I have also tried manually creating folders inside the 'albums' folder on the webserver.  So next I tried FTP'ing images to the folder I created in the albums folder but no joy, I feel as though i'm missing something fundamental here! However, I have had some success as it does work when i http upload the files 1 by 1, this isn't practical though  :-\

What am I doing wrong?
« Last Edit: December 19, 2006, 04:48:53 pm by Nibbler »

darryng

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Creating new albums and uploading using Batch/FTP
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2006, 04:31:58 pm »

Ok, appologies. I see this is a windows based issue. But i'm still a bit confused.

When you create categores and albums shouldn't these appear in the albums folder? And if I manually create a folder on the webserver and FTP images to them shouldn't they also appear in the albums list in coppermine?

I still feel as though i'm missing something fundamental here. I've read the documentation but I can't see anything on it.

darryng

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Creating new albums and uploading using Batch/FTP
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2006, 04:44:28 pm »

It just goes to show what working on a problem for several hours does to the brain. I've spent probably 4-5 hours straight trying to get coppermine installed and working and even though i've read in half a dozen posts "switch of the browseable batch-add interface" for some reason I failed to see this option... Anyway, for some reason and 100 visits to this screen later I see it and all problems vanish.

Sorry for wasting time, please close this thread.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 19 queries.